fax problems pro 8600 (443 Views)
Top Student
hbhanson72
Message 1 of 7 (443 Views)
Accepted Solution

fax problems pro 8600

I am having trouble faxing with my HP Officejet Pro 8600.  The fax passes the fax test reports.  However, I can only fax within my own area code or the state.   NOT out of state.   I cannot find anything that addresses this problem.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 7 (426 Views)

Re: fax problems pro 8600

HB Hanson, that is an interesting issue you are having there with faxing. Can you tell me more about the type of phone line you are using and if you are using a non-analog line are do you have a digitial filter set up on the line? 

How many different locations outside of your state have you tried? The only thing that would make sense of this is if it were tied ot your phone service provider, but I have never experienced an issue that depended on the state which originated the fax. 

Let me know and I will get right back with you!

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here!

-Spencer

Top Student
hbhanson72
Message 3 of 7 (422 Views)

I'm not sure on the phone line.  We do not have a package with the cable company.  So what ever an old fashioned line would be is what we have.

I was wondering if it were the provider for long distance too, but don't think that is it. 

The error message was 344.  I was able to fax my office in the same area code and also to fax my family in the north part of the state.  But trying to fax across country to the 330 area code with two different numbers, didn't work. 

I wondered if I need to add a pause with a plus sign as I faxed to slow it down or change a setting, but I'm not sure what setting to change. 

Open for suggestions.  As an aside, I had this problem last year where I couldn't fax out to most people but only to certain ones, with another HP printer.  So we bought this one.  Perhaps it wasn't the printer, but something outside of the house or the phone system.

The test fax shows passed on every level this time.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 7 (406 Views)

What I am seeing on the two codes you sent me is that the remote machine (the one you are sending to) is either unreachable or that the information was recieved but was so riddled with packet-loss (data-loss) that it could not be interpreted. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=buu02549

Generally with Warner Cable you are dealing with an ADSL line, in which case you would need to get a digital filter and put that on the line to help prevent that data loss. You can usually contact them to see if this might be the case and whether or not they might provide you with that ADSL filter for your fax line. 

Let me know, and I will get right back with you!

-Spencer 

Top Student
hbhanson72
Message 5 of 7 (392 Views)

Thank you for your advise.  Luckily I only have to fax once or twice every couple of months.  Worked around it this time.

Will keep your response for next time and will check into the digital line filter.

Thank you. 

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 6 of 7 (391 Views)

That's good to hear, let me know what develops and I will get right back with you as soon as possible! 

Have a wonderful day! 

-Spencer 

Top Student
hbhanson72
Message 7 of 7 (390 Views)

Thank you, Spencer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation