how do i install hp director on my new computer with windows7 (159 Views)
Honor Student
BoLindskog
Message 1 of 4 (159 Views)

how do i install hp director on my new computer with windows7

I get the following message:

Required Action: Click Cancel to exit this software installation. Log off and then log on as a user with administrator privileges. (Contact your system administrator for more information.) If there is no system administrator, have the primary user of this computer install the software. Restart the installation by removing and re-inserting this installation CD.

I am the administrator of this computer and there is no other account on it, how can I solve this

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (156 Views)

Re: how do i install hp director on my new computer with windows7

Hi,

The HP Director software is not compatible with Windows7.

Please clarify your printer model, then i will guide you furtehr how to get the Windows7 Full Feature Software or any other software solution which available for your product.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
BoLindskog
Message 3 of 4 (142 Views)

Hi,

Thanks, my printer is an officejet 5500 and there is no problem to use it as a printer but I would like to use the scanning functionality and that is way I need the HP Director.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 4 (139 Views)

Hi,

The software provided for Windows7 allow basic scan functionality by using Windows Fax and Scan or Paint

You may find the exact steps listed within Frequently asked questions > How do I scan, fax, print, or use a memory card? > How do I scan with an in-OS driver below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01796879&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=311...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation