Question

Student
gdarmstrong
Message 1 of 3 (3,456 Views)

how do i scan multiple pages to a common file?

I have an HP laserjet M1217nfw MFP printer/scanner. How do I scan multiple pages to a common document? There doesn't seem to be a prompt that asks if I want to add a second page, and the user guide doesn't cover this.

Thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (3,451 Views)

Re: how do i scan multiple pages to a common file?

Hi,

I must sacn from an application called Acrobat Adobe

scan.png

You may not have Adobe on your machine, you may want to do manual way like this:

• Scan each page as a PDF file,
  • Use a free product called pdfsam (PDF split and merge) to join them together. This product can join many pdf files or split one pdf file to many small parts such as extract 1 chapter of a thick book.

Happy New Year.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 3 of 3 (3,449 Views)

Re: how do i scan multiple pages to a common file?

Hi GD,

Good question. Do you have the Full Feature Software loaded for this printer?  If not, then it's possible that it would have something in it to scan the multiple sheets into a single file.  I did find a post out on the 'net that suggested a Brother printer would do it; seems that this printer might as well (if the software is included).

HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver - M1130/M1210

Free Software:

I found a "free" answer I know you want, but the page was listed as an attack page and I backed out of it.  So, be careful.  Two other free downloads also install an unwanted toolbar into your browser.  One user said he specifically unchecked the toolbar download and and it included the toolbar regardless (PDF Creator).  I won't recommend something I would not put on my own computer.  I must leave it to you to seek the "free" solution.  There may be one; I got spooked and stopped looking.  Smiling.

Close to Home:

Here's the page to the rest of the manuals for that printer (nice printer, BTW):

Manuals for HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw Multifunction Printer

This manual indicates that the printer is certainly capbable of using the multipage scan software.

LASERJET PROFESSIONAL M1130/M1210 - Software Technical Reference

Paid Software Solutions:

I also found some software that will do what you seek.  It's not cheap - the first one is $30 and the second is $90.  Wow!

The $30 software, with a free download trial:

http://www.42tags.com/

"Scan your multi-page documents or import them to create TIF files. You can later convert them to PDF, send them by EMAIL or just PRINT / FAX them."

The Super Expensive Informatik software

"Informatik Scan is a universal user-interactive a scanning software program compatible with TWAIN compliant scanners. The scanned images are displayed and can be saved as a single or multipage TIFF or PDF (also PDF/A) file or in many other common graphics formats, including JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP."

I hope this helps get you closer to a solution for the multiple page scan issue.

Say “Thanks” for the Help!  Click the Kudos Star whenever you find a Post that helps you.

Fixed?  Mark this Post “Accepted Solution” to say the solution worked for you.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation