02-01-2012 02:43 PM
My new officejet hp 7500a came with 2 (?) the same 2-wired phone cables and 1 small black adapter. It is in the small office where i also have a phone.
My previous All in one printer HP photosmart c7280 was connected with 4-wired phone cable into SKY adapter into wall jack and the phone was connected onto the adapter which is part of the 4-wired phone cable.
The new instruction says to connect with 2-wired cable between printer and wall jack but it does not mention where do i connect telephone phone line into...
I have 1 line with 2 different numbers.
At the moment i just connected it back with the 4-wired cable as I had it with the olded printer, but not sure if it will receive fax even though my FAX TEST came out with all PASS.
Anyone can assist me or assure me, i'd appreciate that very much.
02-01-2012 03:17 PM
Your printer has these conntions:
1 USB (2.0); 1 Ethernet; 1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n; 2 memory card slots; 1 RJ-11 fax
And you want to use existing equipment therefore the phone line must go to RJ-11 port. This port is very similar to Ethernet port (RJ-45). Here is its image:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
02-02-2012 02:46 AM
i'm a bit lost i think... :-) , is the RJ11 the No. 4... 1-LINE FAX?
So for the phone to be able to answer a phone call, i need to connect it..., now as before i had the cord from telephone connected into the adapter on 4-wired cable going from 1-line fax to phone jack.
If i am going to use the 2-wired cable from (no.4) 1-LINE FAX and connect it with adapter and into the phone jack, is my telephone need to be connected into the fax port (no.5) 2-EXT (phone)?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers