how to connect fax hp 7500a and phone on the same line - (SKY adapter) socket with distinctive ring (437 Views)
Honor Student
swiftbaby
Message 1 of 3 (437 Views)

how to connect fax hp 7500a and phone on the same line - (SKY adapter) socket with distinctive ring

My new officejet hp 7500a came with 2 (?) the same 2-wired phone cables and 1 small black adapter. It is in the small office where i also have a phone.

My previous All in one printer HP photosmart c7280 was connected with 4-wired phone cable into SKY adapter into wall jack and the phone was connected onto the adapter which is part of the 4-wired phone cable. 

The new instruction says to connect with 2-wired cable between printer and wall jack but it does not mention where do i connect telephone phone line into...

I have 1 line with 2 different numbers.

At the moment i just connected it back with the 4-wired cable as I had it with the olded printer, but not sure if it will receive fax even though my FAX TEST came out with all PASS.

Anyone can assist me or assure me, i'd appreciate that very much.

Thanks.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (433 Views)

Re: how to connect fax hp 7500a and phone on the same line - (SKY adapter) socket with distinctive r

Hi,

Your printer has these conntions:

1 USB (2.0); 1 Ethernet; 1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n; 2 memory card slots; 1 RJ-11 fax

And you want to use existing equipment therefore the phone line must go to RJ-11 port. This port is very similar to Ethernet port (RJ-45). Here is its image:

7500a.PNG

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
swiftbaby
Message 3 of 3 (427 Views)

Re: how to connect fax hp 7500a and phone on the same line - (SKY adapter) socket with distinctive r

Hi,

i'm a bit lost i think... :-) , is the RJ11 the No. 4... 1-LINE FAX?

So for the phone to be able to answer a phone call, i need to connect it..., now as before i had the cord from telephone connected into the adapter on 4-wired cable going from 1-line fax to phone jack.

If i am going to use the 2-wired cable from (no.4) 1-LINE FAX and connect it with adapter and into the phone jack, is my telephone need to be connected into the fax port (no.5) 2-EXT (phone)?

Thanks,

A.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation