09-28-2012 11:20 PM
You can scan to your computer or a memory card. (page #45 of the manual)
Scan an original to a computer
You can send a scan to a computer connected directly to the device or a computer on the network. You can also send a scan to a program installed on a computer.
To send a scan to a computer from the HP Solution Center
1. On the computer, open the HP Solution Center.
2. See the onscreen Help for further instructions. To send a scan to a computer from the device control panel (direct connect)
1. Load the original on the scanner glass. For more information, see Load originals.
2. Press the Scan button.
3. Press the arrow keys to select the computer that you want to send the document to,
and then press OK.
4. Press START SCAN.
Scan an original to a memory device
You can send the scanned image as a JPEG, PDF, or TIFF image to the memory card that is currently inserted. You also have other scanning options including quality and paper size settings.
To scan to a memory device
1. Insert the memory device.
2. Load your original print-side down in the right-front corner of the glass or in the ADF.
3. Press START SCAN.
• The Scan appears, listing various options or destinations. The default destination is whichever one you selected the last time you used this menu.
• If your device is directly connected to your computer, the Scan menu appears.
4. Press the arrow keys to highlight Memory Device, and then press OK.
5. Make any scan option changes, then press START SCAN. The device scans the image and saves the file to the memory card.
Hope this helps.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
08-30-2013 01:57 PM
I have been pleasantly surprised by the reliability and functionality of the Officejet 6500 as compared to the POS 7400, total waste of over $500.00.
Good Job HP! A couple of comments though:
1. My display is only about half there. Makes things quite difficult.
2. Even when set up to always start the HP Solution Center when a sheet is inserted into the feeder, it will work briefly and then I have to go back to starting it manually.
3. My BIGGEST pet peeve is that the automatic highlight setting always leaves the Highlights setting at 27 which is way to bleached out and hard to read. Then I set it Manually FOR EVERY SET OF DOCUMENTS. What a pain. Surely you can make this a user accessible setting. I don't even mind if I have missed it and you think I am stupid, just tell me how to set it up. This 6500 produces great copies with a manual setting of 10. I am so tired of having to do this.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax