08-25-2012 12:30 AM
This is pretty funny -- printer works just fine, but won't scan. I have been all over the help files, but nothing works. Finally I find a page where they tell me I can scan using generic Windows 7 Fax & Scan software. That works just fine!
This does not look good at all, that HP dedicated product software cannot work to perform a simple scan, yet the generic Windows 7 scan software works just fine. Are the HP pjrogrammers out to lunch or just incapable? Makes me skeptical about HP products, although I am happy with the printer, so far.
08-25-2012 01:08 AM
Have you installed its driver and full feature software under Windows 7 ? If not, the machine uses Windows 7 driver. Please check this link:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
08-25-2012 09:47 PM
Yes, I have installed the latest full-feature software provided by HP for this printer and my operating system; I have been using the printer just fine under this software, only now that I try to scan, it doesn't work and I have to use the generic Windows "Fax & Scan" software, which works perfectly fine. I just wonder why a generic scan driver will work fine when dedicated software provided by the printer manufacturer doesn't work! Makes me wonder about HP software ability.
09-23-2012 12:40 AM
I am surprised no one suggested the (obvious) solution to this problem. So I have "done everything right" and the software still doesn't work? There must be some software conflict. So I completely uninstalled and deleted every HP program and file on my computer, and even scoured the Registry; rebooted the computer; disabled all TSR start-ups; "re-set the printer" (by pulling the plug with the power on); and finally performed a clean install of the full software. Now it all works.
Most of the time upgrades to software will automatically deal with earlier installations, but this complete uninstall and clean install procedure should be performed for any problem like mine.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers