Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
2410 xi All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer not currently connected to computer or net;  using it as stand-alone copier. It keeps printing images of copies I made in the (not too distant) past instead of what is currently in the scanner table/glass. The supply paper is new/ unused. As a cross-check I removed the material I was trying to copy, leaving the scanner table empty, pressed 'start' and it printed another old image. This leads me to believe that the printer has a (built-in?) memory/cache that needs to be cleared.

How do I clear or reset the internal copy memory?           hp 2410 xi All-in-One

This is driving me crazy as I've searched and searched for a resolution: any suggestions and or solutions wll be gratefully put to use. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @lmax,

Allow me to welcome you to the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance with making correct copies as the scanner glass makes a copy of the previous image. .It will be a delight to help you. 🙂

Spectacular troubleshooting, superb description and splendid analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued Hp customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen recently?
  • Was there a power outage or power surge before this?
  • Did you bypass power strips?

For a start please perform a hard reset from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-PSC-2400-Photosmart-All-in-One-Printer-series/303752/model/30...   and follow the other steps from the same link and check again by copying.

• Please ensure that you make a couple of copies in color and check.
  • Then make a couple of copies in black and white and check again.

Also if this does not work, remove the cartridges and clean the contacts. Please use this user link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-PSC-2400-Photosmart-All-in-One-Printer-series/303752/model/30... and follow the steps to maintain the printer from pages 79 to 90 which includes restoring the printer to factory defaults.

Then check again. This should do the trick for you. 🙂

IT could be a possible hardware issue with the computer.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helpsplease mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi David I appreciate your help.

re: your suggestions

both of the links you posted go to the same page.  It would not seem that my issue meet the listed criteria (there is no 'error message' on the printer control panel/screen, to start with..) and I usually do not keep the printer plugged in because its location requires the power cord to cross the floor creating a trip hazard.

However, I will try the 'hard reset' instructions as listed  in a little while-have to run an errand right now.

will return w/updates.

HP Recommended

Hi @lmax,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Thanks for the quick reply. Great effort and superb persistence to try and resolve the issue. Hats off to a job well done. Smiley Happy

Please follow the user guide from this link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bpu70241  and follow the steps to maintain the printer from pages 79 to 90. 

This should do the trick for you if the printer does not have any hardware issues.

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. Smiley Happy  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the issue gets resolved and the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time.

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.