Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

2 solves worked for me:

1) The Windows Fax & Email worked from laptop (BUT this is not helpful when your computer is in another location to printer/scanner)

so

2) Goto HP Solutions Centre on your laptop > Settings > Scan Settings > 'Scan to setup'

it seems my printer/scanner crashed and removed all options for remote scanning. I simple reapplied the scan to (PDF, tiff, email) options and then we were back in business.

HP Recommended

Great answer, using "Window Fax and Scan" under "All Programs" worked for me. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey 🙂 I get the same error. Sometimes I notice when that happens it needs to boot up. maybe you just turned it on. give it a good 10-15 minutes and it will scan. I hope this helps 🙂

HP Recommended

HP is the worst.  Can someone help me figure out how to scan?  I have WIndows Vista.  I bought this printer because it could scan. It cannot scan.  I should not have to reinvent the wheel to get this to scan, right?  

It says "TRY SCAN FROM COMUTER" on the printer window when I try to scan - SCAN TO PC.  I reinstalled the printer, added/installed a 2nd printer, etc.  Cannot find any "WINDOWS - FAX AND SCAN" directive like the forums say...

How does that make any sense.  HP get your act together - I will never buy another product from you guys - support is a joke.  How about a phone number when I buy 1 of your crappy pieces of equipment?

HP Recommended

try this after opening the windows applications menu search for fax and you'll get it there

almost everyone i know faced the same problem and the same solution worked from them lemme know if you cant find it i'll try to email you screenshots

HP Recommended

i've added another printer, and it merely indicates i have a COPY printer programmed now, NO SCANNER NO FAX capability. **bleep**????????

HP Recommended

I found an HP Scan utility in this path C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\Digital Imaging\bin\   Try searching for the program "hpiscnapp.exe"  I've added a short cut to my desktop and it seems to work well.

I'll continue to try to get the soultion center working and investigate the "Scan to Setup" options.  There must be a way to access this program without manually adding a short cut.

HP Recommended

I was able to correctly install Solution Cent following this solution.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Solution-Center-installation/m-p/1575737#M3...

Everything works great now.  My scan short cuts now work on the front panel of my Photosmart scanner and printer.  I wish it worked the first time I installed it, but things are corrected now.  No more "try scan from computer or see documentation" error message.

HP Recommended

I am using a Mac OS X.  After opening system preferences, I  open print and scan.  I choose photosmart, then scan.  On the bottom of the scanner window I choose document then scan.  The document prints and a copy is saved in the document folder.

HP Recommended

Trying to scan to PC, get message scan error. Also says  - try scan from computer or see documentation. What does scan from computer mean?. No documentation on error,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.