03-12-2012 05:38 PM
2 solves worked for me:
1) The Windows Fax & Email worked from laptop (BUT this is not helpful when your computer is in another location to printer/scanner)
2) Goto HP Solutions Centre on your laptop > Settings > Scan Settings > 'Scan to setup'
it seems my printer/scanner crashed and removed all options for remote scanning. I simple reapplied the scan to (PDF, tiff, email) options and then we were back in business.
05-28-2012 05:41 PM
Hey I get the same error. Sometimes I notice when that happens it needs to boot up. maybe you just turned it on. give it a good 10-15 minutes and it will scan. I hope this helps
06-09-2012 06:42 AM
HP is the worst. Can someone help me figure out how to scan? I have WIndows Vista. I bought this printer because it could scan. It cannot scan. I should not have to reinvent the wheel to get this to scan, right?
It says "TRY SCAN FROM COMUTER" on the printer window when I try to scan - SCAN TO PC. I reinstalled the printer, added/installed a 2nd printer, etc. Cannot find any "WINDOWS - FAX AND SCAN" directive like the forums say...
How does that make any sense. HP get your act together - I will never buy another product from you guys - support is a joke. How about a phone number when I buy 1 of your crappy pieces of equipment?
06-09-2012 07:59 AM
try this after opening the windows applications menu search for fax and you'll get it there
almost everyone i know faced the same problem and the same solution worked from them lemme know if you cant find it i'll try to email you screenshots
10-10-2012 10:15 AM
I found an HP Scan utility in this path C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\Digital Imaging\bin\ Try searching for the program "hpiscnapp.exe" I've added a short cut to my desktop and it seems to work well.
I'll continue to try to get the soultion center working and investigate the "Scan to Setup" options. There must be a way to access this program without manually adding a short cut.
10-11-2012 08:42 PM
I was able to correctly install Solution Cent following this solution.
Everything works great now. My scan short cuts now work on the front panel of my Photosmart scanner and printer. I wish it worked the first time I installed it, but things are corrected now. No more "try scan from computer or see documentation" error message.
10-18-2012 03:47 PM - edited 10-18-2012 03:49 PM
I am using a Mac OS X. After opening system preferences, I open print and scan. I choose photosmart, then scan. On the bottom of the scanner window I choose document then scan. The document prints and a copy is saved in the document folder.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers