06-17-2012 04:30 AM - edited 06-17-2012 04:34 AM
product: hp deskjet 3070A
OS: Windows 7 32 bit
Issue : i am unable to scan documents to my computer, either by use of USB connection or network, i have a laptop and a PC (both are windows 7 32 bit OS) and i am able to print with both of them, however the "scan" option does not work, the "copy" option does work.
please advise as to how to get the scan option to work (the printer is connected to my router )
the error message says "activation lost. ensure there is an active connection by clicking on the 'manage scan to computer' on the computer then try your scan again"
i have selected both my computers and that option says "scan to computer is enabled"
your computer name is "raj-pc" is listed as an availble computer on the printer's control
please advise as to how to get the scan to work
06-18-2012 09:24 AM
I suggest starting off with the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility. To verify both computers can't scan? Does the same "activation lost" come up when trying to scan with USB?
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers