Question

Student
rajnaros
Message 1 of 2 (2,638 Views)

hp deskjet 3070A does not scan print works (wireless)

[ Edited ]

product: hp deskjet 3070A

Issue : i am unable to scan documents to my computer, either by use of USB connection or network, i have a laptop and a PC (both are windows 7 32 bit OS) and i am able to print with both of them, however the "scan" option does not work, the "copy" option does work.

please advise as to how to get the scan option to work (the printer is connected to my router )

the error message says "activation lost. ensure there is an active connection by clicking on the 'manage scan to computer' on the computer then try your scan again"

i have selected both my computers and that option says "scan to computer is enabled"

your computer name is "raj-pc" is listed as an availble computer on the printer's control 

please advise as to how to get the scan to work

regards

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 2 (2,609 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 3070A does not scan print works (wireless)

Hello rajnaros

I suggest starting off with the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility. To verify both computers can't scan? Does the same "activation lost" come up when trying to scan with USB?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation