06-17-2012 04:30 AM - edited 06-17-2012 04:34 AM
product: hp deskjet 3070A
OS: Windows 7 32 bit
Issue : i am unable to scan documents to my computer, either by use of USB connection or network, i have a laptop and a PC (both are windows 7 32 bit OS) and i am able to print with both of them, however the "scan" option does not work, the "copy" option does work.
please advise as to how to get the scan option to work (the printer is connected to my router )
the error message says "activation lost. ensure there is an active connection by clicking on the 'manage scan to computer' on the computer then try your scan again"
i have selected both my computers and that option says "scan to computer is enabled"
your computer name is "raj-pc" is listed as an availble computer on the printer's control
please advise as to how to get the scan to work
06-18-2012 09:24 AM
I suggest starting off with the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility. To verify both computers can't scan? Does the same "activation lost" come up when trying to scan with USB?
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax