03-16-2010 11:32 AM
i have an hp laserjet M1319f multi function printer/fax and scanner. i can't get the fax machine to send or receive fax. it is connected to our home phone line and i have done everything that it says in the instructions but it still does not work. does anybody have any ideas on this?
04-20-2010 10:54 PM
Please check the following and see if it solves your problem:
- Check if the phone cable is connected to the right port on the printer (the port with the "line out" symbol instead of the "telephone" symbol).
- Is the printer connected to an extension phone port? If so, try connecting to a direct port.
- Try using another phone cable.
- Try restoring to factory defaults.
- Update the latest firmware from www.hp.com.
- You can also find more troubleshooting tips from "Solve fax problem" chapter in the User Guide.
I am an employee of HP, but I only speak for myself not for the company.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers