Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

what about windows 8?

HP Recommended

how does one scan with windows 8?

HP Recommended

How do I scan on this machine?  The manual is no help and the keypad only has options for faxing and copying.

HP Recommended

Scanner is set up.  How can I start to scan?

HP Recommended

I have instlled drivers pluged HP1212 directly into computer, hit HP scan button and a message says "unable to connect to device"   it is obvioously connected.  any ideas?

HP Recommended

how do i set up the scanner on my printer?

HP Recommended

how can i scan documents?

HP Recommended

Hi stanturkel,

I understand that you are wanting to know how to setup the scanner, as well as how to scan. To clarify with setting up the scanner, you have installed the full feature software for your printer? Are there any error messages?

As well to assist with how to scan using your Laserjet, I would need to know what version of operating system you are running? This will allow me to provide more accurate steps.

Which Windows operating system am I running?

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My operating system is Mac OS 10.4.11

HP Recommended

Hi stanturkel,

Thank you for the information. With regards to setting up your printer to scan, I have included a link here for 'HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver'. Please make sure that the full feature software is installed. Once the software is installed please click the Apple Icon, and then Software Updates. Please install all updates that are available.

Once all software and updates have been installed, please open the Application folder. In this folder you should see a Hewlett Packard folder, please double click on the folder. In this folder you should see an option for HP Scan. I have included a document here on How to Scan.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.