Question

Honor Student
deltagls
Message 1 of 13 (1,626 Views)

hp officejet 4500 will not copy

My printer stands alone in my office just to fax and make copies, I have used the fax and copy less than 20 times, it is only 2-3 months old, and when I try to make a copy it gets stuck and says copying 1/1 , and nothing happens I have even left it for several hours, When the cancel button is pressed it will say it is cancelled but it does nothing, and then it will say busy when other buttons are pressed, I have tried turning it off, unplugging both the phone and the power cord. The fax does work. This thing worked great up until yesterday, I followed the directions thoroughly when I first picked it up. I turn it off everyday

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 13 (1,611 Views)

Re: hp officejet 4500 will not copy

Hi deltagls,

Check your private message, and let me know if resetting the printer resolves this issue?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
Vickiwilliams1
Message 3 of 13 (1,510 Views)

I have a HP Officejet 6700A Plus e-All-in-One Printer-E710n.  Sometimes when I try to copy a document, nothing happens even though the message screen says it is copy page 1/1.  When I press on the "X" the message reads that it is "cancelling copy", but it never does.  The message stays on the screen "forever".  The only way I can stop it is to turn the power off.  What is the problem and how do I fix it

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 13 (1,503 Views)

Hi Vickiwilliams1,

Does this happen everytime you try making a copy?

Are you making the copy using the ADF or Glass?

How long has the printer been idle before making the copy?

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Vickiwilliams1
Message 5 of 13 (1,492 Views)

It does not happen everytime I make a copy.  It only happens when I use the glass.  And it always happens when I try to cancel a copy job.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 13 (1,491 Views)

Hi Vickiwilliams1,

Since this is an intermittent issue it will make it hard to isolate. I would power off the printer for 1 to 3 minutes after this happens, and then see if you have the same issue. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Vickiwilliams1
Message 7 of 13 (1,460 Views)

Powering off is the only way I can interrupt the process.  But when I have the need to cancel a copy job the next time, it does the same thing.  I give up!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 13 (1,453 Views)

Hi Vickiwilliams,

Check the private message I sent, and let me know if this helps resolve the issue?

I am an HP employee.

Student
yarivat
Message 9 of 13 (696 Views)

H have Hp office het 4500 wire less,

always  when i'm printing and i'm out of paper or somthing is paper is jamedd( which also hapends to often) the printer get stuck , i press the cancel button and the printer shows

:"print cancel" then i put in paper or fix the jamed paper ,i expect that the "printing cancel " message will disapear and i'll be able to print, insted this message dosn't disapear and i get "busy" message when ever i press one of the buttons, the only thing that resolves this is restarting the printer which ios not good because i need to setup the wireless again, please help.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 10 of 13 (682 Views)

Hi yarivat

I have included a document for the next time you are not able to continue printing after a paper jam or running out of paper. You shouldn't have to reset up the network every time you have to shut down the printer.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor to fix common printing  problems, it shows you how to check the print queue, how to find out if the printer e and how tis paused or offlino perform a power reset.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c02205477&lc=en&product=3986399&tmp...

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation