06-05-2013 10:01 AM
i have hp officejet 6313 all-in-one .... i have an error appears once i turn on my printer ( insert print cartidges ) .
i dont have ink to insert it ... but my question is i MUST have ink to use the other options of my printer ( fax . scanner ) ??
i want to to send a fa and this msg continue appearing ...
so can i send a fax without ink ?
and how can i clear this error ..
06-07-2013 09:50 AM
Sorry that you are having a problem with the error message.
To answer you question, YES, you will need to have cartridges inserted in order for the printer to function.
Even it is just sending a fax, the cartridges will need to be inserted for processing.
You can use old cartridges or low ink cartridges, but it needs to have some inside the printer.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers