09-25-2011 05:37 PM - edited 09-28-2011 05:39 PM
hp officejet 6500 model e709a, what do I do to fix this issue
All fixed. HP tech support uninstalled drivers then installed "full feature software & drivers".
09-26-2011 01:02 AM
You will need to Activate the scan to Computer everytime you want to scan.
This is because, by default, the software is not running in the background.
If you have installed the complete Software given with this product, you can go to Start>HP>HP Officejet 6500
This will open up the Solution Center.
In this, you can select the option for Activate Scan to Computer. (Assuming you are using HP OJ 6500 A)
Once this is done, you should be able to see the Computer and scan options on your front panel.
09-26-2011 07:35 AM
Thanks for the info.
I do not have the software for my hp 6500 printer. Downloaded drivers for new computer from hp site. Can Best Buy Geek squad help me with this??
09-28-2011 05:01 PM
You can download the software from this forum. Locate Support & Drivers at the top of the page or you can download here!
*Take note of your operating system before downloading.
Hope this works for you!
* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers