07-19-2012 06:04 PM
07-21-2012 11:39 AM
I am having the exact same problem. We just purchased the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and are having many wireless issues. We have 2 laptops - one running XP Pro and one running Windows 7 Pro. The printer is connected wirelessly and we rarely are very far from it as we live in a small condo. The scan to computer does not work on either or it constantly disables itself. We also run Norton 360.
07-21-2012 12:38 PM
07-21-2012 01:29 PM
Got mine to work ... no thanks to HP!!
It has to do with Windows services and the relay of information. Sending a job to print is a one-directional action. Scanning is two way as the image has to come back to your computer.
This is what I did ...
1. Type services.msc in run or search program and files
2. Scroll down to the WIA Windows Image Acquisition
3. Make sure that this service is running. Click Stop, and then Restart to make sure
4. Restart the computer
Restart the Dependencies services:
1. Typee services.msc in run or search program and files.
2. Scroll down until you see Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
3. Double click on it and go to the tab called Dependencies.
4. 2 services should be listed.
5. Exit that window and look for Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
6. Make sure it’s on manual or if it is on Auto, just leave it. Make sure the service is started though.
7. Go to Shell Hardware Detection and Double click.
8. Set the Start up Type as Manual and hit Apply.
9. You should be able to Start the service by hitting Start.
10. Now you are done and the Twain Manager should be working and not give you an error.
Check dependencies or sub dependencies:
Under RPC it will then list DCOM Service Process Launcher and RPC Endpoint Mapper Go back to the main services.msc list and then right click and start all the items listed as dependencies or sub dependencies under WIA.
I enabled everything and it now works.
07-23-2012 12:46 PM
10-15-2012 01:56 PM
Thank you so much for posting your solution.
This problem has benn going on since I bought and installed the same printer and it is really annoying. I have not been able to get any answers until now.
I went through all of the steps; however, when I got to RPC, I am blocked from making any changes. I tried going to services and running as administrator, which did not help either. I followed all of the other steps and hope that I won't have to figure out how to gain access to RPC to make sure that all the dependancies are running...
If you know what is going on, I would love some help (-;
P.S. I am signed in as the admin of my computer...just in case you wondered...
The 3AM Teacher
10-15-2012 02:02 PM
Rather than reset the settings every week, we just started using my flash drive until HP & Windows teams can resolve this conflict with Windows 7 & hopefully 8 when it comes out.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax