Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Jeremy,

ok..after playing with it more..sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.  One thing is  it only gives you 3 sec to lift the scanner lid and switch to the next page and press yes to scan another item and scan! If you can do it that fast then it scans multiple pages. If not, then it immediately reverts back to the home printer screen and all pages are done separate.. Is there anything that will enable the printer to give more time between switching pages?  It is really hard to do it that quickly. I was only able to do it cuz I pressed Yes and Scan for the next page before I even had the page positioned and the lid down.  It was difficult.

Danielle

HP Recommended

This is great information, Danielle.  I've been passing your info along to our engineering team here, and will do so with this.   There should not be any sort of timing issue like what you are observing.

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Danielle-

From HP's support website, there's a procedure to follow from the front panel of your device to make sure all the Firmware and SW in the device are up to date.  Lets try this to make sure that if there were any device fixes, you have the latest.   The procedure can be found Here

Thanks

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

Jeremy,

I did do that a few times already! Actually, I did that yesterday too..The printer is up to date it told me. 

But an HP software person called me tonight. I scanned with him on the phone. He realized how fast the printer screen switched to the home screen without giving me a chance to scan another page..although I was able to get 3 pages scanned as a multipage document in one pdf file. It seemed like it gave me even less time after each scanned page.  He said he's not sure this printer is capable of multipage scanning this way from the front panel and they are going to try to add it to the next update or something like that.

He is going to call me next week. 

Thanks for all your help!

Danielle

HP Recommended

Danielle,

I was scanning multiple pages tonight for the first time and had the same issue.  I found that if I set the DPI to 300 (the original setting was 600), then I had the options to scan multiple pages to a single pdf.  Hope this helps.

HP Recommended
Hi Danielle-

epm brings up a great point, and something I never thought to ask-- what's the scan resolution you are using? Or more importantly, how long does it take for each flatbed page to scan? If each page is taking a long time to scan (due to hi res scan), it could be a factor in the timeout that you are observing. I would definitely drop the resolution to 300, or even 200 if it's set at 600 as epm observed.
HP Recommended
Actually the scan resolution was on 300... I must have changed it to that at some point. It does scan but I usually can only get 3 pages in before the scan screen reverts back to the home screen so fast I can't get the next page in fast enough.
HP Recommended

Hi Danielle-

I have since learned that this particular device has a 6 second timeout between the time that each page finishes, and you are prompted if you want to scan another page.   Regardless of resolution, it's 6 seconds.    This behavior seems to be specific to this device only.. other devices do offer a longer timeout.  Can you confirm on your end 6 seconds?   So you have to be quick on the draw here 🙂  

Our engineering and support team have been made aware of this issue, and while I can't promise it will be fixed, we are actively looking into it.

Thanks

Jeremy

HP Recommended
Jeremy,

6 sec sounds about right.. I will check later when I am home since I am out now. That is really short though! It takes about 1 sec to realize its done scanning, and another to lift the lid, a couple more to remove the first page, and a couple more to put the next page and position it, and one more to close the lid.. And of course to press the yes and scan buttons.. Lol.. Geez, these engineers expect a lot! Do they have more than 2 hands?? Haha
I can deal with just using the pc software for this function though. I actually won't have to multipage scan very often. It just so happened the week I got this printer I had to send a multipage document to a friend! But let me know if they are going to be able to fix and lengthen that timeout. It would be nice. It is hard to be that fast!! The longest part is actually removing the first page since I want to be careful not to scratch the screen with my nails.
I will get back to you later to confirm that 6 second timeout..

Danielle
HP Recommended

jeremy,

Yes..the 6 sec timeout is right.  It reverts back to the home screen after that. Can you add at least another 10 sec onto that timeout? That would be much nicer and more comfortable!  

Thanks!

Danielle

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.