Question

Honor Student
wobbythewanger
Message 1 of 15 (18,747 Views)

hp psc 1610 all in one - Installing scanning

I am unable to install the Scan facility via the disc which came with the Printer as the disc is a Macintosh version.The computer promptme  to install a Windows disc, unsurprisingly as I run with Windows XP.

Where can I download the requisite software to use the scan facility.

Tutor
wordlife
Message 2 of 15 (18,733 Views)

Re: hp psc 1610 all in one - Installing scanning

Hi use this link to download the full feature software for your printer

good luck

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-30256-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈...

Top Student
Oldclockguy
Message 3 of 15 (13,887 Views)

I am having the exact same problem! I spent the last 2 hours downloading the software from the link that was supplied here and I followed all the directions given on the HP website about disabling the msconfig choices for startup and services and I unplugged the printer and turned it on when it said to do so and plugged it back in when it said to do so and .....................

Nada!! I get to about step 8 in the count down where the program is trying to connect with the printer and it says it detects a new device but it doesn't do anything about connecting to it!! It's like the danged program just decides to step out for a

Starbucks about the time it should be finalizing the loading operation! If that program was an employee of mine, I would fire it on the spot!!

So, does anyone have any advice for this old guy to get his blood pressure back down and get him scanning some old photos into his computer??

Thanks.

Old Clockguy

Student
Tinieden
Message 4 of 15 (11,848 Views)

Lost the disc from my Hp 1610 all-in--one

how can i download  scanner

Honor Student
Pat28
Message 5 of 15 (9,739 Views)

Hi,

I cannot use my scanner and I don't have the All in one disc any long.  WHich program can I download?

Honor Student
Pat28
Message 6 of 15 (9,738 Views)

Hi - did you ever get a response from anyone?  Did you solve your problem as I too am having the same one.

If you could let me know.

Thanks!!

Honor Student
Pat28
Message 7 of 15 (9,733 Views)

Hey I have the same problem - did you find a solution??
Top Student
Oldclockguy
Message 8 of 15 (9,722 Views)

Hi Pat,

No, unfortunately I did not get any help with this problem. I finally bought a Canon print/scan/copy combo printer on sale for $29.00 at Wally World and and it works quite well! It prints, it scans documents, and it copies whatever I need to copy and stores them in any file I assign to them.  I don't have a land line to FAX documents so that was not an issue for me. And the new machine complete with larger ink cartridges than were on my PSC 1610 costs a little over half what replacement ink cartridges cost for my PSC 1610!!

I look at it this way, I can use this machine until the ink runs out on it, donate it to a needy student who needs a printer, and still be money ahead of the game!! I would rather go out and purchase another new printer on sale, they are always offered at one of the electronic or super stores down here and pay half of what just the replacement ink cartridges would cost me for this PSC 1610 and be guaranteed that, if the machnine breaks, I can get it serviced within the warranty period and I always have a new printer to use. Maybe this idea will catch on and some of these high priced companies will take a serious look at their pricing structure and do some realignment to more reasonable levels.

HP, please take note, here is one senior person who isn't going to pay your outlandish prices for ink any longer!! I can buy entire machines today for almost half the price of 2 of your ink carts and still have perfect printing capabilities. Thanks but no thanks, I will make some poor kid happy when I give my new Canon multitasking printer to them and buy another one for less money than you could sell me ink!!

Student
debbie604
Message 9 of 15 (7,064 Views)

I also cannot use my scanner on my HP PSC 1610 All-in-One.  I downloaded the full version of installation from the web and when I try to use scanner it says I first must download the scanner software.  What is up?

Student
Latino68
Message 10 of 15 (4,618 Views)

Hola

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation