Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 6600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

After a crash I am no longer able to store a scan in the folder I stored it before the crash. And when I try to change the name of the folder this operation isn't accepted. He always points to a I cannot finf on my harddisk.

The printer is working, the scanner is working only to store the scanned file doen't work.

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jan0029,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

Answering to your question, 

1. How is it possible that I can print from my Ipad because I use an USB connection? You cannot print via USB connection.

2. Is it possible to get rid of that question 'choose the program you need for this action?' In this scenario, you can set the program as default when scanning.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @jan0029,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you with this, I see from the post that you are having issues with HP scan cannot store the scan in the folder after the system crash. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Let's try these steps here:

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If you’re running Windows, I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE 

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Network Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet_Singh

before I try what you suggest

everything is working perfect even the scanner. I can scan to

pdf file is stored in d:\downloads

jpg file is stored in d:\downloads

pdf to e-mail 

jpgt o e-mail

but scan ocr Cannot  be stored in the folder the software suggests. That folder does nog exist (Any longer) and chanching the folder is not accepted.

I have already removed the software and te-installed it, but no sollution.

Jan

HP Recommended

I did al you suggested but the problems stays "cannot store the file in the folder mentioned."

HP Recommended

Hi @jan0029,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would suggest the next thing, would be to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers.

Let's try these steps here:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13 ). Restart the PC

14 ). Now click on this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41850/mp-108845-4/OJ6600_1315-1.exe and install the latest printer drivers

15 ). Connect the USB cable only when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to setup the printer.

You could also try to update the printer, If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/OJ6600_R1545A.exe

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet_Singh,

before I start doing what you suggested, when I choose Uninstalling the Printer I remove thee files:

HP Officejet 6600 Haelp
HP update

I.R.I.S. OCR

Is that correct?

Jan

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet-Singh,

I did everything you wrote me in your last answer. I removed the three files I asked you, because I googled I.R.I.S. OCR and saw that this is HP software as well.

I once got a message saying:

dll not registered, do you want to continue? I choosed YES. The file in question was: C:/Program%20Files/HP/HP%20Officejet/%206600/Bin/HPSolutionsPortal.hta

Now everything is working but everytime I choose a scan I am asked which Program is needed HP-scan or Photoshop (which is also installed on my PC). I choose HP-scan and the scan starts and is stored in D:/Documents Jan.

Remarkable: Even my Ipad can print now. 

I have two others questions:

1. How is it possible that I can print from my Ipad because I use an usb connection?

2. Is it possible to get rid of that question 'choose the program you need for this action?'

Thank you for helping me solving this problem.

Jan

HP Recommended

Hi @jan0029,

Thank you for replying,

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

Answering to your question, 

1. How is it possible that I can print from my Ipad because I use an USB connection? You cannot print via USB connection.

2. Is it possible to get rid of that question 'choose the program you need for this action?' In this scenario, you can set the program as default when scanning.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.