Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Device: HP ScanJet pro 3000 s2; < 1 year old, only 1,500 pages scanned to date.

Issue:  Red light blinking 4 times, then pauses, error message of paper jam

Problem began with a paper jam -  cleared paper jam,  selected, "scan", then red light began to blink (a series of 4 blinks then a pause,), and received message following error message:  

"Paper is either jammed in the ADF, or you have scanned a page longer than the software expected.  Clear the jam, reinert the jammed pages into the ADF, make any needed page size corrections, and click Scan." 

Fixes tried:  clearing the paper jam, cleaning the rollers, reseating the pad assembly, manually running a cleaning pad through the ADF, uninstalling and reinstalling HP software and drivers, deselected multi-feed detection so not to engage ultrasonic double feed detection.

No luck - still have the blinking red light and the above error message.  I have attempted all maintenance, cleaning, and software fixes I could locate.  

I'm at a loss.  Looking for help/suggestions.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Beth_W,

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since the HP Scanjet pro 3000 s2 is a commercial product. You can do this at HP Enterprise Business Community.

The support page for your product may be helpful in the meantime:
HP Support Center.

I hope this helps! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I had same prob and after many frustrating days I solved this prob .  Open front cover and the bottom of the front cover towards the bottom - you will see a white strip of plastic - in the middle of this is a little black finger that gets stuck under the white strip - with a paper clip or a small screw driver - with light pressure pry this little finger back up and red light will be gone.....

thanks

HP Recommended

that worked perfectly

thanks much

HP Recommended

That really saved me a trip to HP's service centre. But that finger piece is really tiny - maybe 2 x 3 mm or so. Took a while to realise what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.