Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just installed a new printer, the HP1050.  I cannot locate a button for scanning, and it isn't illustrated in my instruction manual.  The device claims to be an all-in-one machine which prints, scans, and copies.  Someone please tell me how to scan.  Thanks, Pat

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

• Start > All Programs > HP > HP Deskjet 1050 J410 > HP Deskjet 1050 J410
  • Select Scanner Actions. You will see scan options that you can select onscreen.

Note: from page #26 of its manual

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Appreciated !

Thanks very much !!

HP Recommended

Just installed the hp deskjet 1050 and need to scan a document. where is the scan button

Betty Ann

HP Recommended

Hi Betty Ann,

Here is a link for the User's Guide for your printer.  Click Here  See Page 24 for directions on scanning.  Does this help?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 1050 printer; where is scan button and how do you scan?  No manual came with printer.

HP Recommended

Hello maggie_may.

I understand you would like to scan a document using your Deskjet 1050. I am going to provide the Deskjet 1050 Manual.

On page 24, you will find information on "how to scan" using your printer.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Ashley

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I would like to save scan on windows 7. computor says no scanner available

HP Recommended

hp1050 printer - how does one scan

HP Recommended

How do I scan on HP desk jet 1050

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.