03-06-2013 09:48 AM
I have spent 3 hours this afternoon updating the HP software on my HP officejet Pro L7480 All in one but still cannot get the scanner to work . I have the message "hpqscnvw " has stoped working and cannot communicate with the scanner software. Any suggestions how to get this to work. There is a windows work around using photogallery but its crazy that HP doesnt offer a solution to this specific problem
03-20-2013 01:23 PM
I see that you're having an issue trying to scan on your printer.
Now, before we start troubleshooting, I have a couple of questions for you.
What OS do you have?
Is this an HP notebook/desktop?
I look forward to your response which will give me a better perspective on the situation.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers