Question
i want to scan a document from my printer to my computer how do i do this
Replies (97)

Student
GradStu49
Message 21 of 98 (5,028 Views)

Re: How to locate scaned document from my printer to my computer and locate the doc in 2010?

I have scanned the document in my all in one HP printer using scan button. ON word 2010, it showed two boxes and asked me how I wanted it to Save? I chose picuture. but I cannot locate it in my scanned docs on word 2010. Help

Professor
RobertoR
Message 22 of 98 (5,001 Views)

Re: How to locate scaned document from my printer to my computer and locate the doc in 2010?

I hope you are doing well and welcome to the HP forum;

Tell me what OS are you using? this way I can give better advise on how to conduct a search in that Operating System.

Do you recall the name of the file  you can use search to locate  the file on your computer.

I will assume that you are using Windows.  

Just type the name of the file and after the dot use (*) without the parantesis which is a wildcard to tell Windows to open any file with that name,   i.e. myfile.*  if you use this it will find any file with that name does not matter what extention.

If you do not know the name of the file you can use windows explorer to search by date of creation, size or other ways go and experiment with it. you had to save the file to be able to find it.

Let me know if I can help you futher I will do my best to help you.

RobertoR

:manlol: and remember . . .

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
1brynn2
Message 23 of 98 (4,965 Views)

Re: i want to scan a document from my printer to my computer how do i do this

budman1163 wrote:

how do i scan from printer to the computer?

Professor
RobertoR
Message 24 of 98 (4,961 Views)

Hi there 1brynn2;

Do you have a question or need assistance? if you do

please be more specific in reagards you issue:

Please read this post. GO HERE   It will give a better understanding on how to post for maximun chance of getting help fast.

Hope this helps:

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Top Student
dorecruise
Message 25 of 98 (4,957 Views)

My printer is an HP Photosmart eStation C510 series.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 26 of 98 (4,950 Views)

Hope you are doing well,

Are you using the HP Solution Center?

Try setting it up in HP Solution Center this should provide the option it came with the printer software or yo ucan dowload from here. GO here  

Let me know the outcome. I will do my best to help you.

Hope this helps;

RobertoR

:manlol:and remember . . .

Student
69c30
Message 27 of 98 (4,775 Views)

Professor
RobertoR
Message 28 of 98 (4,726 Views)

I want to help but in order to do so I will need more information in regards your devices and configuration, please include all this,

• What is the operating system that your system utilizes?

Use this example as a guide Windows 7 home premium 64 bits.

The reason we ask your Operating system in all post in due to the fact that I want provide you with detailed suggestion and in other to accomplish some of the instructions that we will provide are operating system dependent or different in different versions of the OS, in short words if you want me to guide thru the process I will need the operating system, the version and the intructiosn width (32 or 64 bits)

• What is the complete printer model of your printer?
    Some printer models have as much as 6 different versions is important to know which version exactly do you own in order for me to provide accurate links for your product If you are having issues with your finding the complete version of your product please visit this site.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?tmp_renderType=findModel&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=bpy21016&l...

Please provide this information and I will do my best to help you.

Hope this helps;
RobertoR

Student
hackmen
Message 29 of 98 (4,708 Views)

Re: i want to scan a document from my printer to my computer and sen as email

Student
leadman01
Message 30 of 98 (4,686 Views)

budman1163 wrote:

how do i scan from printer to the computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation