09-21-2010 09:59 AM
I discovered a work around of the problem so many of us are having of not being able to save the scanned image.
use Windows photo gallery to scan your image.
it might not have all of the other options HP offers but it does have a lot of useful ones. it's not like HP's works anyway right LOL
at least this solution will work until they can get it figured out.
09-21-2010 10:17 AM
in xp you can try the scanner and camera wizard. (haven't tested it yet) looks like some people are having success with it.
found way more coverage on this subject on the net than in this forum.
I suggest everyone abandon hope here and look elseware.
09-21-2010 11:01 AM
I've also discovered if I open photosmart essentials 3.5 and use it to scan my image it saves the file.
seems like solution center and photosmart are not communicating unless photosmart is already open and running.
or solution center isn't able to open photosmart essential to save the file.
what ever is going on, the work around is to open photosmart essential and use it to scan instead of solution center.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax