02-17-2011 05:52 PM
I have a hp 6500A that I use for both scanning postcards and printing those scanned postcards.
Strange is that when I scan the postcards, the scanned images display correctly - meaning there are no Moire patterns present - on the lcd screen of my computer, but when I print them out on the 6500, the printed images show moire patterns.
If I print the scanned images out on another printer, the printed images also show Moire patterns.
I scan the images on 600 dpi and also on 300 dpi, but both printed images have the same Moire patterns.
I have following questions
1. I do not see an option in the scanner settings to disable moire patterns, although I know that for instance the hp 3400C has an option to disable moire-pattern scanning. Is this present on the hp6500 ?
2. Is there maybe a workaround I could use ?
3. Is it nornal that when you have moire patterns on printed images, that you do not see these patterns on the LCD screen ? I would expect that I would also see those patterns on the scanned images on the lcd screen as well.
4, Do I maybe have to upgrade the scandrivers to get rid of this problem ?
thanks in advance,
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax