Question

Student
janpyl
Message 1 of 1 (437 Views)

is it possbile to scan images without Moire patterns on the hp 6500 All-in-one ?

All,

I have a hp 6500A that I use for both scanning postcards and printing those scanned postcards.

Strange is that when I scan the postcards, the scanned images display correctly - meaning there are no Moire patterns present -  on the lcd screen of my computer, but when I print  them out on the 6500, the printed images show moire patterns.

If I print the scanned images out on another printer, the printed images also show Moire patterns.

I scan the images on 600 dpi and also on 300 dpi, but both printed images have the same Moire patterns.

I have following questions

1. I do not see an option in the scanner settings to disable moire patterns, although I know that for instance the hp 3400C has an option to disable moire-pattern scanning. Is this present on the hp6500 ?

2. Is there maybe a workaround I could use ?

3. Is it nornal that when you have moire patterns on printed images, that you do not see these patterns on the LCD screen ? I  would expect that I would also see those patterns on the scanned images on the lcd screen as well.

4, Do I maybe have to upgrade the scandrivers to get rid of this problem ?

thanks in advance,

Jan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation