05-13-2014 08:25 PM
L7590 officejet pro windows 8.1 software and drivers version 184.108.40.206: the L7590 prints, copies, and scans, but faxes "printed" from files i.e. MS Word, Adobe reader, etc. are received at destinations with vertical raster scan lines, somewhat like an analog TV picture that has alternate scan lines missing. Larger font can be read, but 8pt sized font is unreadable. On an 8.5 x 11 sheet the line spacing (between those that are printed) is about 1 mm and every other 0.5 mm is blank white space on the page. An earlier version of software on an XP computer works so a resonable conclusion is that the fax driver(s) in this software version is defective.
While a solution is desired, careful searching hasn't revealed other users having this experience, and seeing that HP site moderators have largely been unresponsive to anything, it appears that junking the L7590 and replacing it with another brand will be the most effective answer.
Further: scanning to PDF files via the Solution Center is buggy. The dimensions of the output page appear to be factored by, original_size*(selected_scan_resolution/72). Many options are grayed (unavailable). Otherwise, the TWAIN and WIA interfaces work with Nuance's Paper Port.
Such poor software quality and support is likely the result of too many ofshore "script kiddie programers", "code drones", and dubious SDKs.
Enough frustration with HP!
(BTW is anyone able to solve the faxing problem?)
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax