Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
laser jet pro MFP M126nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi every one

I AM USING WINDOWS 10 64BIT 

I HAD PROBLEM WITH SCANNING AND COPYING AFTER I CHANGED TO WINDOWS 10 I HAD NOT USED MY PRINTER FOR SO MANY DAY. NOW I STARTED USING THAT INTIALLY I WAS NOT ABLE TO PRINT,COPY AND SCAN. I REINSTALLED WITH CD GIVEN WITH THE PRODUCT AND AFTER THAT I REINSTALLED WITH THE HP DOCTOR. AFTER THAT ALSO I AM NOT ABLE TO SCAN AND COPY. BUT THE PRINTER IS STARTED WORKING. NOW I WANT HELP REGARDING COPY AND SCAN.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @drmgr_04,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are running into some problems trying to Copy and Scan with your LaserJet Pro MFP M126nw. You are able to print since upgrading to the Windows 10 Operating system.

I would like you to perform a Hard Reset

1. Unplug all cables and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.

3. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

4. After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

I would now like you to perform a Copy, are you able to make one or does this still fail?

If you are unable to make a standalone Copy, I suggest contacting our technical support at http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp as it may be the hardware. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

HARDWARE TEST DONE BUT NO RESPONSE

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding @drmgr_04,

As the hardware test resulted in no response, there is most like a hardware failure within the unit. Please follow the steps below to reach HP directly to discuss your replacement printer options.

Thank you!

Contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
i am not able to update firware
HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

As there seems to be a hardware failure, this is most likely why the firmware will not update. I would still suggest contacting HP to see about a new printer.

Have a great day 🙂

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.