Question
letter size doc scan results in page 34 x 45 inches large
Replies (46)

Student
parkcitykaz
Message 41 of 47 (738 Views)

Re: letter size doc scan results in page 34 x 45 inches large

It is a JOKE that we have to do this work around for scanning, however after an entire day of frustration on needing to Scan then email documents to an inet fax, as I no longer have a hard fax line.  I was finally told the pages were too large to go through.  Thank God I finally found this forum, and used the solution from Patrickh.  I can't believe HP hasn't addressed this problem, but at least this solution is working for me.  "If you have a lot of scans, especially multi-page ones, that you unsuspectingly scanned for archive purposes, not knowing that they were unprintable, there is an easy fix. PDFill's Free PDF Tools ( http://www.pdfill.com/pdf_tools_free.html ) contain (among other goodies) a function to "Reformat Multiple Pages." A couple of clicks and your HP-inflated PDF's are down to page size." Good luck!!

Honor Student
christine_b_196
Message 42 of 47 (657 Views)

Yo HP, this problem is still going on as of March 2012!

I'm using Win7 and have an Photosmart B209a all-in-one. I have the most up-to-date drivers.

Scanning to pdf in B&W results in overized documents. This is the last straw for me with HP all-in-ones. The software "Solution Center" is clumsy and frustrating to use. It also doesn't have the controls to set the defaults that I need. 

Anyone have any suggestions for competitors products I should consider for my upcoming purchase??

Honor Student
jwesty
Message 43 of 47 (640 Views)

This is the last straw for me. The lack of response on this obviously long standing, serious and widespread problem is inexcusable and no mr Brown I refuse to buy some other software despite how many times you hawk your product. I will never purchase an HP product again and will spread the word about this rediculus company

Tutor
tmbrown
Message 44 of 47 (635 Views)

jwesty, I am not affiliated in any way with Hamrich software. VueScan was just the best solution for me, a Mac user, and I thought I'd share the info here.

Student
hopetwodog
Message 45 of 47 (392 Views)

Still not fixed.  Well, actually, my D110 never had this problem until this week.  Must have been some driver update that caused it, but I don't know.  I used to scan 8.5 x11 docs to 8.5 x 11 pdf's.  I always scan and fax or email multiple page contracts.  I have never had this problem until now.  I am beside myself with frustration and it is costing me time and money.   After looking at these posts, this has been going on for years.  **bleep**??  Why can't it just scan it the same size as DEFAULT.  I'm pissed and ready to trash this slow, ink-hogging printer and find something that actually works.

Student
delawarealan
Message 46 of 47 (259 Views)

I am having the same problem.  I have to scan documents and have them emailed to people for them to print.  My document gets inserted into files which have multiple page sizes, so choosing "fit to page" or such nonsense will make the rest of the file print incorrectly.

I found a program on the web called a-pdf page master.  It will take a PDF and re-size the page to whatever you want.  It was not very expensive so I use it to re-size the page to the size I need, and that program will also allow me to re-arrange pages, insert files, etc.  It works pretty well.

I have another program which I bought before finding a-pdf called Wondershare PDF editor.  I was using that for everything until I had the page size issue (no problems when I was running HP scanning software on my XP computer, but I switched to Windows 7 and the page size problem showed up).  The best thing about Wondershare is that I can scan multiple pages and then use Wondershare to split the file automatically without having to extract each page individually.  I often have 20 pages to scan but need to make each page its own file.  It works great.

That's my work-around, for what it's worth.

Delawarealan

Student
Woke
Message 47 of 47 (133 Views)

After searching multiple threads, I could not find a solution to this problem.

If you have Acrobat Pro, there is a work around. You open the PDF and then print it to another PDF file using the fit-to-page in the print settings. However, this doubles the work each time you have to scan something.

Very shoddy marks to HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation