Question

Honor Student
angiewhitmore
Message 1 of 13 (14,166 Views)
Accepted Solution

lines down the officejet pro 8600 copy

just got the officejet pro 8600 its great except when I copy there is a line down the middle but not when I print of receive faxes   Could there be tape somewhere??

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 13 (14,159 Views)

Re: lines down the officejet pro 8600 copy

Does this occur when using the automatic document feeder to copy or scan?  It is likely a spot on the thin glass strip used for scanning with the ADF.  See Solution 2, step 5 in this document.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 13 (14,150 Views)

Can the Officejet Pro 8600 Plus scan pictures right to my iPhoto collection like the 6500 did?

Honor Student
angiewhitmore
Message 4 of 13 (14,152 Views)

Thank you!!

Student
tampabay
Message 5 of 13 (10,632 Views)

thanks
Student
Danielle_K
Message 6 of 13 (9,083 Views)

it worked perfectly, just like you said ... thanks!!

Honor Student
DNS-UK
Message 7 of 13 (5,179 Views)

Hi HP Support,

I have a client with a HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911A (CM749A) which is also suffering from the same issue. It happens periodically and if we follow the procedures as set out in the solution provided it works again for another few weeks and then reverts back to the same issue again. Any ideas please?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 13 (5,162 Views)

DNS-UK wrote:

Hi HP Support:

I have a client with a HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911A (CM749A) which is also suffering from the same issue. It happens periodically and if we follow the procedures as set out in the solution provided it works again for another few weeks and then reverts back to the same issue again. Any ideas please?

If the issue is a recurring one I would suggest looking at the environment the printer is in and the paper quality.  If the environment is dusty this will cause problems.  It may be necessary to institute a regular wipedown of the ADF scanner or (preferably) move the unit to a better location.  Some paper types may also leave paper fibers, changing to a different paper may help.

Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Honor Student
DNS-UK
Message 9 of 13 (5,160 Views)

Thank you for your swift response, the environment is generally pretty clean and the paper used is quite a decent grade.

To give you an example of the fault, lets say it happened this afternoon for the first time in a month or so, it would then happen 2 maybe 3 or 4 times in a row. If I then power cycle the unit it will then be fault free again with nothing else changed in the environment and without the ADF or glass needing to be cleaned. Does that make sense?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 10 of 13 (5,106 Views)

Sorry,  I was assuming you had the same issue the OP described, which was caused by a spec on the ADF's scanner glass.

I have heard of power issues causing problems with the scanner.  Make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet, and not connected through a surge protector or power strip.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation