Question

Honor Student
jammonmd
Message 1 of 4 (1,048 Views)

mac 10.6 officejet 6110 can't scan

my mac running osx 1 0.6 does not recognize my hp officejet 6110 as a scanner or fax. how do i scan

Master's Graduate
Hubbs
Message 2 of 4 (1,046 Views)

Re: mac 10.6 officejet 6110 can't scan

Hi jammonmd,

The 6110 only has a print driver for 10.6 and later, there is no scan driver presently.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669#HP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
jammonmd
Message 3 of 4 (1,042 Views)

sounds like it is time to get a new scanner!

I wish hp and or apple would continue to support their products!

I bought this device as an all-in-one, but, even though it works fine as a printer, will have to replace it as I also need to scan.

Master's Graduate
Hubbs
Message 4 of 4 (1,036 Views)

Hi jammonmd,

An alternative to buying a new scanner would be to partition your hard drive, and load 10.5.x on the new partition (keeping the 10.6 partition in tact as well). This would allow you to use 10.6 for all of your other needs, and be able to switch to 10.5 when you need to scan.

Also, because both partitions are on the same drive, it is easy to switch your saved scans to the 10.6 drive should you ever need to.

I have a mac mini that is currently partitioned into 3 partitions: 2x OS partitons, 1x Backup partition. The OS partitions are either 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7, and the backup partition contains the backup images of the loaded OS partitions for easy switching between whichever OS X version I need to use.

Best of luck with whataver you decide :smileyhappy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation