Question

Student
rockingmusic
Message 1 of 3 (6,256 Views)

manual hp officejet 6500 How to scan a photo to my computer from my hp officejet 6500 windows 7.

I have a Toshiba satellite computer, and a HP Officejet 6500.

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 3 (6,253 Views)

Re: manual hp officejet 6500 How to scan a photo to my computer from my hp officejet 6500 windows 7

RockingMusic,

You almost have to have the printer software installed to Scan.

The manual instructions start about page 41:

Manuals for HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer

Below are the instrucitons to download and install the software.  The download file can be large - plan accordingly....  Once you have the software installed on your computer, there should be a very nice onboard Help file in the software to help you learn to use the Scan function in the software.

=====================================================================================

In many cases, you can (re)install the Full Feature Software for your printer to enhance its capabilities.  The HP Solution Center is an integrated part of the FFS.

(Re)install the basic driver or Full Feature Software:

Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).

Software controls the programs that interact with the User.

• Go to the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
  • Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Scroll down
  • Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
  • Select the appropriate Basic Driver or Full Feature Software – if available for your printer Save the *.exe installation package on your computer -
  • NOTE the name and the location of the file when you save it.  The *.exe file will likely save to the "Downloads“ folder.
  • Install the Software / Driver installation package.  If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

NOTE:  There is sometimes a lot of information at the printer’s website manuals, how-to pages, and alerts for your printer.  Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.

Help Files - Print and Network Issues:

Setup and Internet Connection Issues on a Wireless Network with Windows 7

If you are not running Windows 7, go all the way to the bottom of the document and Click on "See Also" for links to Vista and XP documents.  Even if you are running "7", there are some other links in the "See Also" section that may help you.

=====================================================================================

Once you have the software installed, here is how to use the Help File...

How to access the onboard HP Solution Help File:

HP Soluition Center > Help (at the bottom of HPSC) > Help for Your Device > Search >

enter any "keyword" to get started

For example:  The information about Scan in the onboard help file might explain scan settings and trouble spots, including how to adjust the specifications, how to use OCR software, what to do about lines, dots, streaks, and suggestions on how to improve image quality.

====================================================================================

I hope this helps!

Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star on the Left

Did this solution fix your problem?  Mark this Post “Accept as Solution”!

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

2012 Year of the Dragon!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
elonora
Message 3 of 3 (3,826 Views)

Re: manual hp officejet 6500 How to scan a photo to my computer from my hp officejet 6500 windows 7

I have a del computer and want to scan a picture to it. My printer is a deskjet 6500

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation