Question

Honor Student
KelsiLynn
Message 1 of 8 (8,082 Views)
Accepted Solution

my hp deskjet3520 won't scan multiple pages even though box is unchecked for creating separate files

I have an Hp Deskjet 3520 all in one printer.  The user manual says there is a way to scan multiple pages to one pdf file.  However, even though I unchecked the box in settings for "create a separate file for each scan", it still gives me no option to scan more items after the first one.  I have searched everywhere for the solution and there doesn't seem to be one.  It's like the program for mine just isn't working properly, like it isn't registering that I've unckecked that option for single scanned files.  The user manual was of no help, it merely gives a very breif instruction to use the software to scan multiple items instead of the printer interface, which i've been doing this whole time anyway.  If someone could please help solve this issue i'd be very greatful.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 8 (8,073 Views)

Re: my hp deskjet3520 won't scan multiple pages even though box is unchecked for creating separate f

Hi,

Open the HP software by using the icon named as the printer model.

Under Scanner Actions select Scan a Document or Photo.

Select the PDF shortcut, ensure the Scan Preview option is checked and ensure the resolution configured as 300 DPI or below, any higher resolution do not support multiple pages scanning..

Click Scan and then you should see an Add button within the scan preview dialog.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
KelsiLynn
Message 3 of 8 (8,067 Views)

Re: my hp deskjet3520 won't scan multiple pages even though box is unchecked for creating separate f

I actually figured it out by chance a while ago... But I didn't know what I did to change it.  At least now I know why.  Thank you very much!! :smileyhappy:

Student
swishyF
Message 4 of 8 (6,333 Views)

I can't find any 'scan preview' option to get me to the place with the +.  Help?

SO FRUSTRATING.  The whole Automator deal is pretty convoluted, too.  :-(

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 5 of 8 (6,138 Views)

Hey KelsiLynn,

I see you are looking for how to turn on the Scan Preview option for your scan software.  This will allow you to see the scanned image and provide you with additional options, such as the + to add pages.  Open the HP Scan software installed on your PC, or open the HP Printer Assistant software and select Scan a Document/Photo, to see the options for scanning.  Click on the Advanced... button at the bottom right of the scan window, just above the option for Scan.  In this advanced menu is where you will find the option with a checkbox next to it for display a preview of scanned images.

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
sglll2003
Message 6 of 8 (4,895 Views)

Hi,

I've got the scan preview on and I've unchecked the box for creating separate pages. Still, the only options I get after previewing my first scanned page are save and done. No option is offered to add another page...   Any idea what the problem could be?  If I try to save, it won't let me proceed to a second page unless I name and save the first scan as a stand-alone document.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sue

Honor Student
sglll2003
Message 7 of 8 (4,891 Views)

ugh. Nevermind. I finally found the " +button"  - a very tiny icon so small I could not see  the + sign without my glasses. It was over  to the left hand side of the scan, and I was looking at the dialogue buttons ("back, save, done) underneath the preview itself.

Thanks.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 8 of 8 (4,883 Views)

Hey Sue,

I am glad to hear you were able to get the issue resolved!  Thank you for participating in the HP Consumer Support forums. For any further issues or questions please do not hesitate to post again.

I wish you the best in all your future printing/scanning needs!

Happy Printing,

Jason 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation