09-03-2011 02:25 PM
I just purchased the above and an HP All-In-One Touchsmart Computer. It was set up to a home networking wireless connection by a technician and worked beautifully for a week. I agreed to a Windows 7 Update when closing down the computer, and the next day was unable to print or scan. The HP C310 printer was not even listed under "Devices/Printers/Faxes". The tech was able by phone to get me back to printing. My printer now appears under "Devices/Printers/Faxes". Great! Now, however, when I try to use the scanner, I repeatedly get the message that no scanner is attached to my computer. When I go to "Devices/Printers/Faxes", there is a Fax, my printer and others things listed, but no scanner. Where did it go??? And - how can I get it back. When I try to click on "Add a Printer", it says the scanner needs to be uninstalled. Does anyone know what is going on??
09-10-2013 06:50 AM
I have an HP Photosmart Premium C310 series printer and I have been unable to scan.
When I tap the SCAN icon it gives me choices of COMPUTER or MEMORY CARD. I tap COMPUTER and I get a message that is preceeded by a yellow triangle with an exclamation sign in it and says SCAN PROBLEM. Try scanning from computer. Refer to documentation for detail. The manual that came with the printer is not helpful at all.
11-03-2013 09:41 PM
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers