Question

Student
LillyButt
Message 1 of 4 (603 Views)

my hp photosmart premium e-all-in-one c310 series printer won't scan

I just purchased  the above and an HP All-In-One Touchsmart Computer.  It was set up to a home networking wireless connection by a technician and worked beautifully for a week.  I agreed to a Windows 7 Update when closing down the computer, and the next day was unable to print or scan.  The HP C310 printer was not even listed under "Devices/Printers/Faxes".  The tech was able by phone to get me back to printing.  My printer now appears under "Devices/Printers/Faxes".  Great!  Now, however, when I try to use the scanner, I repeatedly get the message that no scanner is attached to my computer.  When I go to "Devices/Printers/Faxes", there is a Fax, my printer and others things listed, but no scanner.  Where did it go???   And - how can I get it back.  When I try to click on "Add a Printer", it says the scanner needs to be uninstalled.  Does anyone know what is going on??

Student
AnAngel3
Message 2 of 4 (166 Views)

Re: my hp photosmart premium e-all-in-one c310 series printer won't scan

I have an HP Photosmart Premium C310 series printer and I have been unable to scan.

When I tap the SCAN icon it gives me choices of COMPUTER or MEMORY CARD. I tap COMPUTER and I get a message that is preceeded by a yellow triangle with an exclamation sign in it and says SCAN PROBLEM. Try scanning from computer. Refer to documentation for detail. The manual that came with the printer is not helpful at all.

Student
nanygmz
Message 3 of 4 (144 Views)

I have the same problem!!! Did you ever find a solution? If so, please share!

Master's Graduate
Simple1234
Message 4 of 4 (140 Views)

You need the full hp driver installed for the scan from printer to computer to work. You should be able to scan to memory card without any software, and scan from the computer without the full software.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation