my officejet 4500 does not copy anymore. (2458 Views)
Honor Student
KZK21
Message 1 of 6 (2,458 Views)

my officejet 4500 does not copy anymore.

I have an officejet 4500 and it only prints off the computer. When I place a sheet on the glass it will not scan and copy. I have tried the troubleshooting tips in the manual but nothing helps. I don't get a message but the exclamation mark is blinking.

Intern
acidzynot
Message 2 of 6 (2,451 Views)

Re: my officejet 4500 does not copy anymore.

the exclamation mark is for indicating if there is paper loaded....try to test the functionality of the printer alone...try print a test page from the printer...then try updating the firmware of that printer.....tell me if it works

CLICK THE KUDOS!! :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
KZK21
Message 3 of 6 (2,447 Views)

I updated the software and it didn't make any difference. I'm thinking that the problem started after I had faxed some papers. Maybe that jammed something up in the circuits. Do you know of a reset button? Thanks for the help though, it is appreciated.

Kurt

Intern
acidzynot
Message 4 of 6 (2,438 Views)

the reset for the printer?you can press the # 3 or # 6 together.......try to update the firmware for your printer.....

Teacher
YanaIce
Message 5 of 6 (2,414 Views)

Hello,

Try running the HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool. Follow the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/h...

" Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
. "
Student
bigwannabe
Message 6 of 6 (2,312 Views)

I have a similar problem.  When I try to make a copy, I get the flashing exclamation point and nothing comes out.  I hear the scanner mechanism clunking around, but it doesn't seem to move.  How do I update the firmware?  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation