Question

Honor Student
bhlove
Message 1 of 15 (21,116 Views)

my printer will NOT copy but will print from the computer)

Hp Photosmart D110 all in one printer--I am totally disgusted with this printer...have had it a few months.  It will only get about 160 economy pages per ink cartridge which is ridiculous.  So we bought an ink refill kit and just refilled and reinstalled the black ink cartridge.  it is printing from the computer just fine but the printer WILL NOT COPY.  When I use the tool box and check ink levels it just shows question marks on both ink cartridges.

I spent 45 minutes on HP Chat Support and got no answers except that I need to use genuine HP Cartridges. They could not explain to me why the printer would print but not copy with refilled cartridge.

Any help from any of you regarding the NOT copying and the ink cartridges.....thanks so much

Teacher
k_saul
Message 2 of 15 (21,107 Views)

Re: my printer will NOT copy but will print from the computer)

Hi

The cartridge you got with the printer when purchase are the introductory cartridge. It will have only less ink. . so you will get only less number of pages with that cartridge.  once you replace that with genuine cartridge you will get more number of pages ..   

For copy issue.  First open the scanner lid, do not load any paper on the scanner lid.  

Just press the scan button. If the scanner is working then the scanner light will glow and move .. .Make sure that it is glowing and moving. .. let me know the result after that.. .

If the issue resolved,

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Saul
Tech Support Eng.
HP

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 15 (21,094 Views)

What happens when you try to copy - do you get an error message?  Does the printer go through the motions of printing but with blank pages?  Can you print both black and color?

It is normal for refilled cartridges to show unknown ink levels, the printer has no way to determine how much ink was put in a refilled cartridge.

There are not any "Starter cartridges" for the D110 printer.  The standard black cartridge is rated at 200 pages, the color at 165 pages.  If you buy a replacement #60 cartrdige you will get similar results.  There are XL versions of the cartridges available, they have about 3x or more the ink at about 2x the price.  See here for details.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
harpreetkumar
Message 4 of 15 (20,408 Views)

Hi there,

I got same problem as stated above,

My printer prints fine, have enough ink but does not scan and photocopy,

I have tried as you written above, keeping scanner lid open tried to scan a document but flash light did not move,

when I try to photocopy from it, it gives same message "Reload document and press OK"

I think there must be some problem with its scanner light movement, but not sure,

Any idea please..

Thanks

Intern
Pri15s
Message 5 of 15 (20,401 Views)

Hi,

Scanner bulb is not moving when you press copy button. It confirms that copy mechanism of printer is not working. In this case you can not scan and copy.

Please contact HP support ASAP so that they will replace your printer if it is in warranty.

Student
BellaMacey
Message 6 of 15 (18,463 Views)

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500 - it will scan and print, but will not copy (it acts like it's going through the motions of copying, but it will not pull the paper into the feed? 

Not sure how that happens during copy when it works great when printing...

Any ideas?

Thanks- 

S

Top Student
tomthum139
Message 7 of 15 (17,988 Views)

SCANS BUT WILL NOT COPY
Top Student
tomthum139
Message 8 of 15 (17,988 Views)

MINE SCANS FINE BUT WILL NOT PRINT AFTER THE SCAN.JUST GOES BACK TO HOME.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 15 (17,974 Views)

tomthum139 wrote:
MINE SCANS FINE BUT WILL NOT PRINT AFTER THE SCAN.JUST GOES BACK TO HOME.

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? Are you pressing the Scan button on the front panel or the Copy button?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
tomthum139
Message 10 of 15 (17,948 Views)

HP PHOTOSMART D110 SERIES MOD# SNPRH-0901

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation