Question
Top Student
Message 1 of 9 (7,418 Views)

officejet 6600 scan to computer

HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer - H711a/H711g on Windows XP

I just installed this printer on my computer at work on the network and everything seems to work fine.  The problem I am having is that every morning when I get to work, the "scan to computer" feature is unavailable and the scan icon in the task bar has an X through it.  If I open the dialog box, it shows that it is still enabled.  I tried clicking the "disable" button and then enabling it again and the little scan icon on the task bar goes away but only for a few seconds, then it's back.  I tried resetting the power on the printer to no avail.  I have the "automatically start scan to computer when I log onto Windows" box checked.  I don't log off of Windows at the end of the day, so it should stay enabled shouldn't it?  Is there a way to keep it enabled even when my computer sits idle overnight?  The only solution that seems to work is to log off of Windows and log back on.

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 9 (7,410 Views)

Re: officejet 6600 scan to computer

Hi,

Please update the firmware to the latest version from link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-106604-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
Message 3 of 9 (7,406 Views)

I am already running the current FW version MIM2CN1232AR

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 9 (7,401 Views)

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the document below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03149924&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
Message 5 of 9 (7,374 Views)

So I have to enable and disable this feature everytime I want to scan something?  I scan documents all throughout the day, this could get extremely irritating after a short time.  Why does it lose connection?  Solve that and solve the issue.  By the way, I am running software version 025.000.619.000, which obviously does not fall within your stated 23 through 24.6 versions.

Top Student
Message 6 of 9 (7,373 Views)

Actually, I just tried this method and it still doesn't work.  It worked for the first scan, but once I disabled it and tried to scan again, I get the following error.

warning.JPG

Honor Student
Message 7 of 9 (7,196 Views)

The software is terrible, feature Scan to computer would have been nice if it worked :smileysad:

Top Student
Message 8 of 9 (7,190 Views)

My work computer (which is where I use this scanner/feature) was recently replaced with a new computer running Windows 7 and so far I haven't had the problem anymore.  Maybe it's a glitch with XP.

Honor Student
Message 9 of 9 (7,188 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Sometimes it works ok, sometimes is not. Also, if I have another user logged in, the scanned document may go to his/her Documents folder... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation