01-30-2009 12:15 PM
On the 7210 console under SCAN: Scan to: the PDF option has disappered. I have reinstalled the software twice but this did not fix the problem. I am using Window XP service pak 3. I can scan to PDF through HP director but would like to have the one-touch option restored.
02-01-2009 06:34 PM
go to hp director and click on settings and go to scan settings
look for the scan to setup and click on it
you will have 2 columns there
find the pdf program from the left and click the arrow pointing to the right. it should transfer the pdf application to the right. click update or OK or apply.
restart the printer and try to scan again.
keep me informed please...
02-14-2009 03:11 PM
02-24-2009 06:51 PM
12-13-2014 04:24 AM
I have this problem unter Windows Vista and Windows 7. No one option is shown in the list of "scan to". Is it possible to reinstall only this options or are they stored in registry or an ini file?
12-16-2014 03:54 PM
Hi @Mahjongg , and welcome to the HP Forums!
I see you're having PDF scan issues. I'd like to help, but I have a couple of questions.
Are you using the HP software?
Is the Missing PDF option on the printers front panel, or the computer?
Are you connected via wireless, or USB?
Please let me know!
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
12-20-2014 01:16 AM
Thanks for your helping!
The OfficeJet 7210 was delivered with HP software and usually it works. I exclusively work with this, or now I better should say I try to work.
The OfficeJet is connected via TCP/IP LAN cable.
Printing is possible but no scanning. There is missing the associations between all formats (TIF, BMP, PDF, etc.) to a program which can edit this scan formats. The following error message occur in german:
&Ein unerwarteter interner Fehler ist aufgetreten. Klicken Sie auf "OK", um das Programm zu schließen, und führen Sie eine der folgenden Maßnahmen durch:
- Starten Sie das Programm erneut.
- Starten Sie Ihren PC neu, und versuchen Sie es noch einmal.
- Installieren Sie die Foto- und Bildbearbeitungssoftware erneut, und versuchen Sie es noch einmal.
The first two points says: restart the program or reboot and try again. The last point is the only interesting. It suggest to reinstall the software. This I did a lot of times on different days. It specify what is to be installed: the foto- and picture editing program. Normally HP deliveres this during the installation of the driver software. The HP Solution Center is installed too with this installation routine. But it seems this software isn't installed or isn't configured well as it was with an older version of the setup.exe .
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers