Question

Honor Student
ocarch
Message 1 of 11 (4,654 Views)

officejet 7210 no pdf scan option

On the 7210 console under SCAN: Scan to:  the PDF option has disappered.  I have reinstalled the software twice but this did not fix the problem.  I am using Window XP service pak 3.  I can scan to PDF through HP director but would like to have the one-touch option restored.

THX

Teacher
boykot
Message 2 of 11 (4,622 Views)

Re: officejet 7210 no pdf scan option

hello there,

go to hp director and click on settings and go to scan settings

look for the scan to setup and click on it

you will have 2 columns there

find the pdf program from the left and click the arrow pointing to the right. it should transfer the pdf application to the right. click update or OK or apply.

restart the printer and try to scan again.

keep me informed please... 

Honor Student
uptick1028
Message 3 of 11 (4,507 Views)

I dont have pdf as an available destination on my HP7210, how can I get PDF to be an available destination. I do have Acrobat Reader installed. I also have Nitro PDF installed.
Honor Student
ocarch
Message 4 of 11 (4,360 Views)

Adobe PDF option not listed.  Any other ideas...?

Honor Student
uptick1028
Message 5 of 11 (4,357 Views)

I can scan to email, then chose file type as pdf.  I then just save the pdf attachment from the email to My Documents. But still would just like to scan directly to pdf , but have no idea how to get pdf as a destination in HP director.
Student
narlee
Message 6 of 11 (2,211 Views)

Anyone figure this out? I have the problem on Windows 7-64 bit.

Thanks

Honor Student
Mahjongg
Message 7 of 11 (58 Views)

I have this problem unter Windows Vista and Windows 7. No one option is shown in the list of "scan to". Is it possible to reinstall only this options or are they stored in registry or an ini file?

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 8 of 11 (32 Views)

Hi @Mahjongg , and welcome to the HP Forums!

I see you're having PDF scan issues.  I'd like to help, but I have a couple of questions.

Are you using the HP software?

Is the Missing PDF option on the printers front panel, or the computer?

Are you connected via wireless, or USB?

Please let me know!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
Honor Student
Mahjongg
Message 9 of 11 (23 Views)

Operating System: Vista

Hallo Jamieson!

Thanks for your helping!

The OfficeJet 7210 was delivered with HP software and usually it works. I exclusively work with this, or now I better should say I try to work.

The OfficeJet is connected via TCP/IP LAN cable.

Printing is possible but no scanning. There is missing the associations between all formats (TIF, BMP, PDF, etc.) to a program which can edit this scan formats. The following error message occur in german:

&Ein unerwarteter interner Fehler ist aufgetreten. Klicken Sie auf "OK", um das Programm zu schließen, und führen Sie eine der folgenden Maßnahmen durch:

- Starten Sie das Programm erneut.

- Starten Sie Ihren PC neu, und versuchen Sie es noch einmal.

- Installieren Sie die Foto- und Bildbearbeitungssoftware erneut, und versuchen Sie es noch einmal.

The first two points says: restart the program or reboot and try again. The last point is the only interesting. It suggest to reinstall the software. This I did a lot of times on different days. It specify what is to be installed: the foto- and picture editing program. Normally HP deliveres this during the installation of the driver software. The HP Solution Center is installed too with this installation routine. But it seems this software isn't installed or isn't configured well as it was with an older version of the setup.exe .

Honor Student
Mahjongg
Message 10 of 11 (21 Views)

Operating System: Vista

Hallo again!

I forgot to answer one of your questions:

The problems with scanning are only on PC. The keyboard on the OfficeJet is working well.

Regards,

Andreas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation