Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with this multifunction printer, it will simply no scan a multiple page document.  Same behaviour, it will scan the first page, start feeding the second page and then simply stay there doing nothing.  This device was doing the same thing with my previous computer which was running El Capitan, so I know this is not a Mac OS Sierra only problem.

It is also not a problem with the computer or network in any way, since on the same location I also have a HP Laserjet Pro MFP MF177fw and this one scans the multiple page document perfectly fine, on the same computer and with the same software.

I would hope that HP would fix what is clearly a software problem.  This device is sold as fully compatible with Mac OS, and is sold as having a feeder for the scanner.  It should simply work, but as often happens with HP products that I purchase, it does not work as advertised.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this:

From the Applications folder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan app.
Delete HP Scan or HP Easy Scan by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Ensure the latest software is installed, use this link for your printer:

macOS X : HP Easy Scan
https://goo.gl/zBChKC

Also, make sure that your drivers are up to date

> Click on the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update
>Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

Hope that helps!

macOS X drivers support
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04473034#Apple_ASU

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this:

From the Applications folder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan app.
Delete HP Scan or HP Easy Scan by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Ensure the latest software is installed, use this link for your printer:

macOS X : HP Easy Scan
https://goo.gl/zBChKC

Also, make sure that your drivers are up to date

> Click on the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update
>Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

Hope that helps!

macOS X drivers support
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04473034#Apple_ASU

HP Recommended

Hello, installing the HP Easy Scan from the Mac App Store solved the problem.  I was now able to scan multiple pages from the feeder sucessfully, and even nicer, upon saving it gave me the option to do OCR, so now the text is searchable and selectable in my PDF viewer application.

I am running MacOS Sierra on a new MacBook Pro with Touchbar and it works fine.  I saw multiple comments in the Mac App Store of people giving the app one star and saying it was incomplatible with Sierra, but I tried it anyway and it works fine.  Not sure it this was recently updated or not, but this has worked for me today.

Thanks !

HP Recommended

Hi @rodandcr,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.