01-21-2011 03:50 PM
I have a HP laptop which runs Windows 7.
I also have a HP all in one officejet 6500 wireless.
I have a Compaq Presario which runs Windows Vista and a HP laserjet 1012.
I can print to both printers from the Compaq.
I can scan from the all in one to the Compaq.
I can print to the all in one from the laptop.
I would like to be able to scan from the all in one to the laptop.
I would like to be able to print from the laptop to the laser printer.
is this possible?
Can someone give me very simple directions as to HOW to make it happen?
01-24-2011 11:26 AM
You need to provide more info for folks to help you.
How are the printers set up? Are either of them connected directly to the PC or the laptop?
You say you can print to the all-in-one from the laptop amd scan to the All-in-one from the PC - is that via wireless or hardwired (USB) connection?
>I would like to be able to scan from the all in one to the laptop.
> I would like to be able to print from the laptop to the laser printer
You obviously have set up the devices so they print and scan - what happens when you try to set up the laptop to scan to the all-in-one or print to the laser printer? What errors do you get?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers