Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp 8610 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a paper jam, so I removed the back cover and removed 2 sheets of paper,replaced back cover. Now the paper tray won't go back in. I read lots of solutions be still something is out of sequence that prevents the paper tray from sliding in

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

The OJPro 8600, the paper tray will not close fully if the extender for "legal size" is extended

Can you check if that's the case?

Are you able to print or copy; does the printer pick up the paper?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I don't even use legal size, I have read the past forums, so far nothing applies.....my problem started with a paper jam, which I removed  back cover cleared the jam by gently pulling 2 sheets out....now I can't get the tray back in...I don't understand why.....thank you

HP Recommended
Hi,

If you remove the tray completely and check at the end of the tray which goes inside the printer, there is a metal piece which might be lifted up, apply a little pressure and try to snap it in place and see if that helps.

Also like mentioned above you will find a latch at the edge of the tray(purple in color) press that and see if you can push the extender in.
HP Recommended

thank you for helping me,

But this is what I did pushed the metal plate down til it snap- in with the 2 exterior tabs in the most down position.

What is confusing to me, all I did is clear  the paper path from the back. I'll try putting the metal tray up position and see

what happens. I still have brand new ink cartriges never used, I'm already thinking about buying a new printer. (have to get that thougt out of my mind)

Just don't understand, when I pulled the paper out I wonder did something mechanical go out of sequence?

Thank you

HP Recommended
Could you rest the printer either on the right or left side and then try to push the tray. You may be able to see what is obstructing.
HP Recommended

I did that I will try again, I want thank  you for your interest, you did more concern  than all of the internet.

I will  try a few things ..............will post day or two

Maybe:.............quit your job and work for HP'....got my vote....later my friend

HP Recommended

good idea, I'll try that maybe something is there.

thank you (signed frustrated) ha ha

HP Recommended

got it fixed, small glitch.

thanks everyone

HP Recommended

Hi @8610problem,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Would you like to share how it was resolved so that others can benefit from your experience?

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.