06-02-2009 03:50 PM
We have a HP Officejet 6200 All-in-One series fax and have been using it. Recently it is not ringing when our phone rings (uses the same number) and the display on the fax machine says PHONE OFF HOOK. Our phone is not off the hook and I don't know how to fix this. We have this happen ocassionally and then someone is able to fax.
08-26-2009 02:41 PM
-press * and # at the same time
-once will ask for combo key.. press in sequence 1, 2, 3
-press right arrow to get to resets menu, press ok
-press right arrow to get to semi-full reset, press ok
-printer will turn off
-turn the printer on
04-17-2011 02:59 PM
I have HP Photosmart C7280 and keep getting the "Phone Off Hook" message. I do not have any other device currently connected to the phone line. I have tried the reset but still having same problem.
Is there anyone who can help?
04-25-2011 01:43 PM
I also have a C7280. I tried the reset sequence and it did not work.
My problem started when I tried to cancel a fax in progress. I can eliminate the error message by disconnecting the phone line, but then how do I send a fax?
01-03-2012 02:01 PM
Your problem most likely is the phone cord your using .. HP all in ones come with a special two wire cord not the four wire cord that you find in most US stores today .. I had to use a longer cord than the one supplied so I ran a longer cord into a jack but when i wired the jack i used only two wires .. Red and Green ... than used my cord that come with my machine and it worked.
01-03-2012 08:31 PM
I have an HP6500A plus all in one printer. I connected the fax and everything worked well for an hour. Now the fax works but all my other phones are dead with no dial tone. incoming calls ring only on the printer and no where else.
04-18-2012 12:39 PM
Here is a link to a document that has more information and some troubleshooting steps for the problem you are having.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers