photosmart premium touch smart printer makes a dinging noise (450 Views)
Student
rb4321
Message 1 of 7 (450 Views)

photosmart premium touch smart printer makes a dinging noise

My photosmart premium touch smart printer makes a dinging noise.  I have tried turning it off and on and that has not helped.  It works fine otherwise.  Ink level is fine. How do I make the dinging stop and what does the dinging mean?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 7 (430 Views)

Re: photosmart premium touch smart printer makes a dinging noise

When do you notice the dinging noise?

Do any error messages come up?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
mfahy1320
Message 3 of 7 (417 Views)

I am having the same problem ? The ding occurs every 25 secs or so I get no error messages, I did notice the wifi icon on touchscreen flashes on and off but the one by the power button is always on. Printer works fine the ding is just quite annoying

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 7 (409 Views)

What is the model of Photosmart printer you have?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
mfahy1320
Message 5 of 7 (406 Views)

C310

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 7 (404 Views)

It sounds like something may be shorting out in the control panel.  Either that, or the firmware needs updated or is glitched.  Start by trying to update the firmware.  You can find instructions linked below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02832324&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4231205&tmp...

If that doesn't work, you can try doing a hard reset to clear out anything glitching the firmware.  To do a hard reset:

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
  3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Plug the printer back in and turn it on.

If neither of those work, then most likely there is a short inside the printer.  If that's the case, the only way to stop it is to replace the printer.

Signature
Top Student
jtpier
Message 7 of 7 (56 Views)

I have a brand new Photomart 7520 and it's making the dinging noise also.  I checked the software and it's up to date.  I also did the hard restart and it continues to ding.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation