08-10-2012 07:40 AM
My photosmart premium touch smart printer makes a dinging noise. I have tried turning it off and on and that has not helped. It works fine otherwise. Ink level is fine. How do I make the dinging stop and what does the dinging mean?
08-13-2012 05:35 PM
09-19-2012 04:35 AM
I am having the same problem ? The ding occurs every 25 secs or so I get no error messages, I did notice the wifi icon on touchscreen flashes on and off but the one by the power button is always on. Printer works fine the ding is just quite annoying
09-19-2012 12:06 PM
09-19-2012 04:42 PM
It sounds like something may be shorting out in the control panel. Either that, or the firmware needs updated or is glitched. Start by trying to update the firmware. You can find instructions linked below.
If that doesn't work, you can try doing a hard reset to clear out anything glitching the firmware. To do a hard reset:
- Make sure the printer is on.
- Pull the power cord from the printer.
- Pull the power cord from the wall.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the printer back in and turn it on.
If neither of those work, then most likely there is a short inside the printer. If that's the case, the only way to stop it is to replace the printer.
05-16-2014 03:50 AM
I have a brand new Photomart 7520 and it's making the dinging noise also. I checked the software and it's up to date. I also did the hard restart and it continues to ding.
10-05-2014 08:24 AM
I am having the 'ping' noise, also. It has been doing that since it was first hooked up by a computer service man. I don't care that it does it, but, the 'why' is driving me crazy.
01-08-2015 08:09 PM
i have a photosmart 6520 and it makes a ding noise and i have more then one computer hooked up to it wirelessly and it makes this ding noise almost like it does when you first turn the printer on but it does it so quick i don't notice any error message on the touchscreen and nothing pops up on any computer
01-08-2015 09:20 PM
i actually caught it when it made the noise,, it shut off on my, i saw every light go off, then the power light came back on and went back off, then came on again and the screen lit up and it made a cycling noice
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers