"Cannot create DIHPAiOFaxmanager object" when trying to fax from HP Solution

Officejet 4500

windows XP

Cannot create DIHPAiOFaxmanager object

Fax works manually, but  I get the above error from HP Solution

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 11 (547 Views)

Re: "Cannot create DIHPAiOFaxmanager object" when trying to fax from HP Solution

Hello FCalhoun

What model of the Officejet 4500 are you using? Example: G510a. Have you tried re-installing the software? What type of fax line are you using?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
FCalhoun
Message 3 of 11 (546 Views)

Re: "Cannot create DIHPAiOFaxmanager object" when trying to fax from HP Solution

G510n, using a voip line

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 11 (543 Views)

Hello FCalhoun

Follow the instructions below to "scrub" or "clean" all HP printer software. Let me know if the problem persists.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Run Microsoft FixIt.

10. Choose that you want to select fixes manually.

11. Select Problem Uninstalling.

12. After Microsoft FixIt reads the registry select the HP program(s) relating to your printer (if they exist). Microsoft FixIt will then remove these left over registry entries. Note: you will need to run the Microsoft FixIt tool for each entry.

13. Download the full feature software and drivers

Officejet G510n Full Feature Software (Windows 7)

14. Run the download to reinstall the printer

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Run Microsoft FixIt.

10. Choose that you want to select fixes manually.

11. Select Problem Uninstalling.

12. After Microsoft FixIt reads the registry select the HP program(s) relating to your printer (if they exist). Microsoft FixIt will then remove these left over registry entries. Note: you will need to run the Microsoft FixIt tool for each entry.

13. Download the full feature software and drivers

Officejet G510n Full Feature Software (Windows 7)

14. Run the download to reinstall the printer

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Top Student
FCalhoun
Message 5 of 11 (536 Views)

I uninstalled & reinstall my printers, but "HP Solution program" did not come back. so I don't know if it worked because I don't have the program anymore. Can't find my 4500 installation disk. 

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 11 (524 Views)

Hello FCalhoun

Did you receive any errors during installation? Also are you able to print?

Do you have another computer in which you can try to install the printer on? If so try installing the printer on it (if not already) and see if there are any problems with creating a fax. This will help isolate the problem.

Top Student
FCalhoun
Message 7 of 11 (515 Views)

My printer works. My fax works manually. I just don have HPsolution program to work from.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 8 of 11 (510 Views)

Hello FCalhoun

Did you receive any errors while going through the installation? What happens if you try to run the installer again? Does it say that the software is already installed? Try going to the start menu and using the search/run box type HP Solution Center and see if a link to the application exists.

What does the HP Print and Scan Doctor say? You can download the diagnostic utility from the link below.

Top Student
FCalhoun
Message 9 of 11 (490 Views)

When I reinstalled, I got a fatal error which I sent to HP.  HP solution center is only on my backup drive.  My printer is working. A windows update (KB2686509) continually fails to install.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 10 of 11 (479 Views)

Hello FCalhoun

If you are receiving a MSI Fatal Error you should follow the steps in the article: A 'Fatal Error' (MSI error) Displays on the Computer During HP Software Installation in Windows.

Have you tried to look fixes for the Windows Update (KB2686509) not installing correctly? The problems you are having may be problem with Windows. The HP software uses the Microsoft Software Installer (MSI) to install the software. If some Windows Updates are also having problems you may need to resolve those problems as well.

Is the full error "KB2686509 failed (0x8007F0F4)"? If so the Microsoft Support page explains some ways to resolve it. MS12-034: Description of the security update for CVE-2012-0181 in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation