"Upgrade the LCD List" on HP Officejet 4500 Wireless (2437 Views)
Student
susan6112
Message 1 of 6 (2,437 Views)

"Upgrade the LCD List" on HP Officejet 4500 Wireless

New message when I go to scan a document or picture to my printer "LCD list needs to be upgraded."

I have not had this error message before when I scanned anything.  

Intern
Javin1
Message 2 of 6 (2,405 Views)

Re: "Upgrade the LCD List" on HP Officejet 4500 Wireless

Open Up Solution Center and then go into settings. Go to scan setting. Go to scan options. Put all the options on the front panel.

Then apply and reset the printer by unplugging and waiting 60 seconds before plugging it back in

I work for HP.

If the advice given resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution and Kudos so that it may be located easily by others with the same problem. Thank you. .....
Honor Student
ssturm
Message 3 of 6 (1,951 Views)

How to upgrade LCD list on HP Officejet 4500 Wireless

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 6 (1,939 Views)

Hello ssturm,

Please take a look at this post, which explains how to update your LCD list.  Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
divbyzero
Message 5 of 6 (1,764 Views)

I have done this a million times and it is not working. I am going to smash this thing into a bazillion pieces with my 12 gauge. 

After I 'reboot' the printer after redoing the scan shortcuts, sometimes it will pop up the "Scan To... Setup (Front Panel List)" dialog on my PC, with empty lists. I choose some or all to Add and Update Device, wait a minute or so, power off the printer, unplug it, wait a few minutes, plug it back in, turn it on, try the scan again and It recognized my PC name and says "Starting Scan..." and the computer gives me the LCD list needs update dialog. I can initiate the scan from the PC itself, but I want the features that I paid for to work properly.

I have uninstalled, run the HP cleaner at all levels, reinstalled,  tried using the HP Printer Install Wizard, the HP Print and Scan Doctor, etc.  I have spent all day troubleshooting this ridiculous error.

Please someone offer me something.
 Thanks

Honor Student
divbyzero
Message 6 of 6 (1,763 Views)

Note I am using the printer via Ethernet, it prints fine too, and I have tried the factory as well as custom Scan shortcuts. Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation