12-27-2012 09:00 PM
New message when I go to scan a document or picture to my printer "LCD list needs to be upgraded."
I have not had this error message before when I scanned anything.
01-09-2013 10:21 AM
Open Up Solution Center and then go into settings. Go to scan setting. Go to scan options. Put all the options on the front panel.
Then apply and reset the printer by unplugging and waiting 60 seconds before plugging it back in
If the advice given resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution and Kudos so that it may be located easily by others with the same problem. Thank you. .....
06-18-2013 07:04 AM
07-26-2013 03:01 PM
I have done this a million times and it is not working. I am going to smash this thing into a bazillion pieces with my 12 gauge.
After I 'reboot' the printer after redoing the scan shortcuts, sometimes it will pop up the "Scan To... Setup (Front Panel List)" dialog on my PC, with empty lists. I choose some or all to Add and Update Device, wait a minute or so, power off the printer, unplug it, wait a few minutes, plug it back in, turn it on, try the scan again and It recognized my PC name and says "Starting Scan..." and the computer gives me the LCD list needs update dialog. I can initiate the scan from the PC itself, but I want the features that I paid for to work properly.
I have uninstalled, run the HP cleaner at all levels, reinstalled, tried using the HP Printer Install Wizard, the HP Print and Scan Doctor, etc. I have spent all day troubleshooting this ridiculous error.
Please someone offer me something.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers