Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP LJ300 m375 says "scanner error 6, turn off and then turn back on" after I scan a document to my computer.

I turn off (and unplug even) and turn back on and it lets me scan once more and then the error is back and I cannot scan again until I turn off and back on. 

I do not get this error when I scan to a USB Flash Drive.

How do I get rid of this error?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have something that might work for you.  I'm assuming that you are scanning from your PC using the HP Scan application.  If that is the case, the default resolution (DPI) is 200.  Try using 300.  We're still researching, but this appears to work around the problem.

TLB

I am an HP employee

TLB
I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi taspringer,

This is a commercial line product. For the best answer to your questions you will need to repost your question to the following links.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi!

We are actively researching this condition.  When/if you post to the links provided for the commercial product forums, would you please include the following information:

1.  Did your device previously complete a scan without receiving a "scanner error 6"?

2.  What version of firmware is on your device (print a configuration report and look for Firmware Datecode near the top left)?

3.  You indicated that the issue does not occur when you scan to usb - are you able to copy as well?

4.  For your scan from your computer, are you using the HP Scan Application or something else? 

5.  What resolution are you using for your scan?

6.  What file type are creating from your scan (pdf, jpg, tiff, etc.)?

7.  Is your scan output type color, grayscale, or black and white?

Thanks so much for your help!

TLB

I am an HP employee

TLB
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have something that might work for you.  I'm assuming that you are scanning from your PC using the HP Scan application.  If that is the case, the default resolution (DPI) is 200.  Try using 300.  We're still researching, but this appears to work around the problem.

TLB

I am an HP employee

TLB
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@tlb wrote:

Hi!

TLB

I am an HP employee

I can confirm that this works.  I had the same issue after updating my firmware.  Scanning at 300 DPI will work & no errors will appear.

HP Recommended

Hi!

If you see "Scanner Error 6" on your control panel for the M375 or M475, please check to see what version of firmware you are using (click the Information icon (blue circle with "i" in it) on the control panel to display the firmware version).

If it is older than 20120626, you will want to upgrade your firmware.  To do this you can do one of the following:

Update from Device (device must be network connected):

1.  From the device Control Panel, select the Set Up Menu (wrench icon at top)

2.  Select Service

3.  Select LaserJet Update

4.  Select Check for Updates Now and follow instructions on the control panel

Update from PC (PC must be network connected w/ internet access):

1.  Go to hp.com

2.  Search for your model (m375 or m475)

3.  Go to the Software and Driver Downloads page for your device

4.  Select your OS

5.  Find FIRMWARE listed after the drivers

6.  Click on the link under Description for instructions and download information

I hope this helps!

TLB
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I can concur that changing the resolution from 200 to 300 stopped the error 6 code from coming back up.  I am now in the process of updating the firmware on the printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.