Question

Honor Student
MTCEMAN
Message 1 of 6 (1,885 Views)

scan c4450

i installed a new hp c4450 all in one and the 1st scan worked great. now all i get is an error message-"scan from computer". why doesnt the scan come up on mytube automatically?
Intern
Junins
Message 2 of 6 (1,861 Views)

Re: scan c4450

hi,

is that 'scan to computer'? if it is, then, it's not an error msg, it's an option for scanning.

what do you want to accomplish by the way? scan a docu or picture and saving it to your computer?

what is the OS? and what type of connection (USB or network)?

regards,

junina

Student
Legacy91
Message 3 of 6 (1,829 Views)

[ Edited ]

hey there i am having the same problem right now and i cant seem to figure it out. I get an error after i select the Scan to PC option and the error reads this, Scan Error: Try scan from computer or see documentation, i dont know how to scan from computer and dont know where to look in the "documentation."

I am trying to scan some pictures and documents onto my computer with this and it had worked a while ago and now it doesnt work.

I have Windows XP 32bit and i am using the USB connection to the back of my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help

Also when it goes to scan i dont even hear the little bar goin across to scan anything, but when i scan to reprint the scan works perfectly. regular printing works just fine as well just Scan to PC doesnt work.

Message Edited by Legacy91 on 03-11-2009 04:24 PM
Student
clhdfb
Message 4 of 6 (1,000 Views)

i have a problem with photosmart,  it locks up and cant use it... i cant scan with the printer,  but am able to use the computer to scan. 

Teacher
green_apple
Message 5 of 6 (990 Views)

Please try the solution below:

No Scan Options

I work for hp but my statement above is my own, not of hp
Honor Student
MTCEMAN
Message 6 of 6 (983 Views)

Hi all; I don't know why but my problem went away and my scans are working perfectly now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation