Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

hp pro 8600 plus, cannot find method to scan multiple pages into sgl pdf on glass, not adf. it only allows a single page

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again,

Once selecting the PDF scan shortcat, make sure the Show the scan Preview option is checked and then click Scan.

On the preview screen you shuld see a Plus icon to scan additional pages.

Please let me know what you may see if you cannot locate this option.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Hi,

While scanning from the device front panel, it only possible to scan multiple pages from the ADF.

In order to perform the scan job from the glass, launch the scan job from the PC:

1. Click the HP Officejet 8600 icon on your desktop.
  2. Under Scanner Actions, click Scan a Photo or Document.
  3. Select PDF and click scan.
  4. Use the plus sign to add additional pages from the glass.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I am using the method u suggested but there is not a + sign nor anything about multi pages anywhere.

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Once selecting the PDF scan shortcat, make sure the Show the scan Preview option is checked and then click Scan.

On the preview screen you shuld see a Plus icon to scan additional pages.

Please let me know what you may see if you cannot locate this option.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

The following worked for me.  I used the auto feed.  I inserted 3 pages.  Then I selected scan to pc, and pdf file when asked.  Then I touched yes on the screen.  It auto fed into one pdf file.  I repeated using the glass.  No plus sign, I was asked any more to scan, I inserted on glass the next page, and clicked yes.  It scanned into the same pdf file, and repeated the question.  I stopped there, checked the pdf file, and both pages were there.  My order of commands may be remember wrong, but you can file multiple pages into one document.

HP Recommended

Hello gplncl

Yes you are correct some printers with Auto Feeders will do it automatically. For those without Auto Feeders they must use HP Solution Center. Still thanks for your input I would like to know if the original poster ever had their issue resolved.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I have an 8600 plus.

HP Recommended

I need to scan multiple pages for a single pdf document.  Searching answers on the forum, it states I should see a "+" icon to add pages, but there is no plus icon available on screen.  Please tell me how I can make multiple pages from scans I make from the glass.  (how can I see the plus icon...

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello kccwalker

Check the ppi resolution your trying to scan at. If set to high the option to add pages can be removed from the scan preview screen. Try scanning at 300ppi and let me know if you still don't see the option.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Same problem, only I see the +sign, I scan both copies, but it produces TWO .pdf files , I only want ONE

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.