Question

Honor Student
timothyausten
Message 1 of 2 (6,380 Views)

scan to folder cm2320fxi mfp

[ Edited ]

my new printer can't find any network computers. the computers can find the printer, but not the other way around. i set up scanning on the computer and saved the settings in a profile, when i ask the scanner to look for computers, it tells me "this feature has not been set up." btw i did not have the option to "Send this new destinantion to the all-in-one," which is an option on other cm2320 models. i think it's supposed to happen automatically.

-windows xp sp3
-hardwired ethernet lan
-i have experimented with my security settings.
-i can operate the scanner from the computer.
-same problem, different os, different printer: Windows Server 2003 using the HP CM2320nf

i want one-step scanning for my coworkers. they do not all know what twain32 means (i'm not so sure either), so it is best if they can just push a button on the device and make it go.

Honor Student
timothyausten
Message 2 of 2 (6,339 Views)

author update

1. put in the cd

2. installed ALL extra features, including "shop for supplies"

3. turned on automatic updates, since i couldn't find manual updates.

the printer recognises the computer and i can scan-to-folder from the front panel of the device, but my coworkers still cannot use the actual scan button. they have to memorize how to 1) push scanning options 2) select computer 3) select document type. it is too many steps. the scan button only returns an error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation