03-03-2010 06:56 AM - edited 03-03-2010 06:57 AM
my new printer can't find any network computers. the computers can find the printer, but not the other way around. i set up scanning on the computer and saved the settings in a profile, when i ask the scanner to look for computers, it tells me "this feature has not been set up." btw i did not have the option to "Send this new destinantion to the all-in-one," which is an option on other cm2320 models. i think it's supposed to happen automatically.
-windows xp sp3
-hardwired ethernet lan
-i have experimented with my security settings.
-i can operate the scanner from the computer.
-same problem, different os, different printer: Windows Server 2003 using the HP CM2320nf
i want one-step scanning for my coworkers. they do not all know what twain32 means (i'm not so sure either), so it is best if they can just push a button on the device and make it go.
03-07-2010 10:21 PM
1. put in the cd
2. installed ALL extra features, including "shop for supplies"
3. turned on automatic updates, since i couldn't find manual updates.
the printer recognises the computer and i can scan-to-folder from the front panel of the device, but my coworkers still cannot use the actual scan button. they have to memorize how to 1) push scanning options 2) select computer 3) select document type. it is too many steps. the scan button only returns an error.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax