Question

Intern
serpentracer
Message 1 of 11 (3,289 Views)

scan works but doesn't save it

I'm having a problem with my scans not saving to the file (or any file) I choose.

I have a officejet pro L7680 and the newest software just released for it.

it scans perfectly fine but it won't save the file at all.  I followed the help/troubleshooting which covers this very issue but it still doesn't work.

anyone have this problem too?

Intern
serpentracer
Message 2 of 11 (3,287 Views)

Re: scan works but doesn't save it

btw, I already tried the "patch" in another thread. it doesn't work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-faxing-and-copying/Officejet-Pro-L7555-Scanned-docs-are-not-be...

Intern
serpentracer
Message 3 of 11 (3,286 Views)

I also have the latest vista drivers v 14.  so none of the work arounds in all the threads I've found will install. it says I have no items installed that the patch works with.

Intern
serpentracer
Message 4 of 11 (3,265 Views)

I found a work around that actually works.

instead of using the solution center to scan use Windows Photo Gallery.  it's ironic that windows scan funtion works better than HP's own stuff. 

Honor Student
LWebster
Message 5 of 11 (3,174 Views)

I have the same problem with an L7555 all-in-one.  Windows Vista (64).  Latest firmware, latest Solution Center (14.0).  Contacted support over a month ago.... went thru all diagnostic utilities, found nothing.  Can't scan to file. Period.  HP support was supposed to escalate, follow up and call me, and never followed through. 

Thank you for the work around.

HP SUPPORT:  How 'bout some help here with this issue!!! It is obviously not resolved for everyone.

Student
bucksohio
Message 6 of 11 (3,137 Views)

I have the exact same printer and same issue. I have been working at it for about 2 hours now. I have completely removed all the software related to the all in one. Then downloaded the latest version software ver 14 and everything appears to work great, but does not save the scans anywhere on the pc. I found what looked like a fix on HP support site, but after downloading it and extracting it ( it tells me does not apply to any software on my computer). HP definitely has problems with the scanning.

Honor Student
Johnmccauslin
Message 7 of 11 (3,093 Views)

I have the same problem.  Has anyone found a solution other than not using the HP software?

I have an L7680 printer, Vista 32 operating system on an HP Pavilion Slimline S3300f PC, and all was fine (with the old software) until I decided to update the printer drivers yesterday to the 8/26/2010 full version.  Everything looks great, but when the scan function finishes it does not save a file in any format even though the screen says it is saving the file to the specified location.

This is very disturbing. Especially the fact that HP is apparently ignoring the problem.

Student
polkadotte
Message 8 of 11 (3,075 Views)

[ Edited ]

After trying and failing to install the hp patch, I did some research and downloaded the hpqxmlul.dll file a user (BigHole) provided on this forum. Here's the link to the .dll file:

I installed the .dll file using HAL9001's following instructions:

HAL9001 wrote:

The problem stems from a dll not being upgraded during the Cue 13 install.

The correct version of this dll can be found here - filename hpqxmlul.dll

ftp://noscnfil:update2@hprc.external.hp.com/  <<<<<<< I WAS NOT ABLE TO USE THIS LINK.

Save this file to your PC and then copy it to the correct location.

For 32 Bit

C:\Program Files\HP \Digital Imaging\bin <<<<<<<<< I renamed the original hpqxmlul.dll file so that it wouldn't be replaced by the new file (just in case).

For 64 Bit

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP \Digital Imaging\bin

After you have copied the file to the correct location and overwritten the one that was there restart the PC and the scanning problem should go away

Once I installed the .dll file using the instructions above, I was able to save the scans from the HP Solution Center software.

Honor Student
LWebster
Message 9 of 11 (3,050 Views)

IT WORKED!

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU Polkadotte!!!

I can actually use my scanner the way I need to now. 

GEE WHIZ HP, get it together.  I spent HOURS adding into DAYS trying to find a solution for this.

The patch wouldn't work for me, either, and the HP tech said that I didn't need it (because, after all, I was using Vista, and had version 14 of the Solution Center installed).... well I sure did need it!

The little dll file solved the problem. 

THANK YOU.:smileyvery-happy:

Honor Student
Johnmccauslin
Message 10 of 11 (3,037 Views)

IT WORKED!

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU Polkadotte!!!

I can actually use my scanner the way I need to now. 

I agree, HP should have worked this out by now.  Get it together!

The little dll file solved the problem. 

THANK YOU.:smileyvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation