Re: scanjet 2200C (129 Views)
Honor Student
RonTee
Message 1 of 4 (152 Views)
Accepted Solution

scanjet 2200C

Scanner came with original computer in 2001.  Have new(2003) computer now.  Need the drivers or program to make scanner work.  Does anyone know if it is still available someplace?  HP no help.  Except from one fellow in Calif who advised me to just junk it and buy a new one.  Said too old.  Help please.  I would prefer to get this one to work if possible.  If not, part B is, "What would be a reasonable replacement?"  Have been looking at all in one's at Walmart.  Not bad, but I just got rid of one.  The glass broke, and I tore it up trying to get glass out to replace it.  (DON'T EVEN ASK!)  First time on here, so any help appreciated......RonTee.....

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: scanjet 2200C

Drivers for that scanner are located here:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=28416

Just select the operating system for your 2003 computer (I would guess XP for that year) and download it.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Honor Student
RonTee
Message 3 of 4 (102 Views)

Went to site.  Got the downloads.  Scanner works great now.  Thank you very much.  I would have hated to have to throw away a perfectly good unit just because I did not have a stupid little program to make it work.....Not my fault.  Have new computer.  System did not get transferred when I got the new one.  Any way, thank you very much......Ron.....

Student
CAKF
Message 4 of 4 (6 Views)

I have a scanjet 2200c.  It works on my very old HP pavilion desktop, but I would like to be able to use in on my new Lenovo laptop, which is Windows 8.1.  I tried running the sofware in XP compatibility mode, but I can't get it to recognize the scanner.  The software is there and opens just fine, just doesn't work.  Any suggestions?  It's an excellent scanner and I'd rather not have to buy a new one. 

Thanks!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation